• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2022-2023 OBS Thread

Ralph Wiggum

Increasing clouds today with some models still showing our "largest" snow event of the year starting after midnight tonight and wrapping up by the Monday morning rush. If there really is any accumulation at all it is most likely on grassy and non-paved surfaces above 550ft across the County. Temperatures will for the most part remain above freezing while any snow is falling with maybe the exception of the highest spots in Western Chester County. A mainly dry and slightly above normal temperature week looks likely with a large mainly rain event looking likely by Thursday night with it possibly starting as snow.
The record high for today is 67 degrees set in 1998. The record low is 5 below zero from 1981. Daily rain mark is the 1.81" from 1978. Our daily snow record was day 2 of the Blizzard of 1996....when a final 6.1" fell bringing our final total to 28.9" of snow with 30" on the ground at storms end.
image.png.30a7075198c296946314923324639ebc.png

2 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Not even predicted to drop below freezing tonight so yeah, this is dead in the water. And I noticed I haven't reached the predicted lows for the past several nights...several degrees warmer.

30F/Sunny

That’s great cause I wasn’t really looking forward to another .25” of snow that goes poof in a matter of an hour after it stops. 

2 hours ago, The Iceman said:

Too warm for an overnight event with a weak low passing south of us during what should be the coldest time of the year. Our climate truly is broken. 

I think in this instance, it's because we are "too close" to the ocean and the coldest ocean temps lag the coldest air temps.  That's why February tended to be the jackpot month (often President's Day), although ENSO states might allow the more significant snow to come in January.

6 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

The ski appearance looks like when we had the wildfire smoke from the west overhead...

41F

I just popped out and that's exactly what it looks like.  A thick deck of cirrus with the sun trying to shine through it with a hazy yellowish tint.

I bottomed out at 29 this morning and it's currently a hazy 41 with dp 28.

36 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I just popped out and that's exactly what it looks like.  A thick deck of cirrus with the sun trying to shine through it with a hazy yellowish tint.

I bottomed out at 29 this morning and it's currently a hazy 41 with dp 28.

You described it way better than I could have but that's exactly correct/how it looks...

41F/wildfire clouds

Looks like the 18z NAM whiffs a "heavier" blob just south of RedSky. 

Hit 42 as a high today and it's currently overcast and 40, with dp 30.

1 minute ago, Birds~69 said:

40F/Cloudy

Giants starting their backup, Webb. 6th year in the league and first start....Birds can't blow this, can they?

I think we would still have a playoff slot but not home field advantage & a bye IIRC.

floop-nam4km-18z-snow-2023010818.sn10_acc-imp.us_ne-01082023.gif

21 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Looks like the 18z NAM whiffs a "heavier" blob just south of RedSky. 

Hit 42 as a high today and it's currently overcast and 40, with dp 30.

I think we would still have a playoff slot but not home field advantage & a bye IIRC.

floop-nam4km-18z-snow-2023010818.sn10_acc-imp.us_ne-01082023.gif

Bullseye. Not good 7 days out but I will take 7 hours out. Lock it in!

• Haha 1