• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

The LSV does anafrontal snow like no ones business (not).   No offense to your thoughts....

It just worked last March, I think around March 10th or so. Temps dropped from the 40s to the 20s in the span of an hour or 2. Brief rain turned to moderate to heavy snow as soon as the front passed through.

I scored around 5 inches of snow from about 6 hours of good snow. I think MDT recorded 2 or 3 inches. Most of us had a good Advisory event out of anafront snow…in March, just last year!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

gfs at 144 takes SLP to Buffalo, then pops a secondary off Chessy bay at 150 and saves us all w/ a turnover to give a white christmas to most of the state.

huhhh

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_26.png

Yes, like you & @MAG5035 and I said earlier, we can at least possibly score in the front end with the initial coastal & then after the front passes on the back end.

Here is more from the 18z GFS

41DEB65F-0E72-4F47-B088-69DA1F25AB4E.png

3367F577-0404-498A-93AE-302980E7D07E.png

823EE5E3-A5DD-4519-9567-AB696E84D17D.png

41 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

It just worked last March, I think around March 10th or so. Temps dropped from the 40s to the 20s in the span of an hour or 2. Brief rain turned to moderate to heavy snow as soon as the front passed through.

I scored around 5 inches of snow from about 6 hours of good snow. I think MDT recorded 2 or 3 inches. Most of us had a good Advisory event out of anafront snow…in March, just last year!

I do not recall that one, was there a wave involved?  I do not keep records like some of you guys.  But my comment was more based on the theory that cold air chasing moisture is often "over modeled". 

30 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I do not recall that one, was there a wave involved?  I do not keep records like some of you guys.  But my comment was more based on the theory that cold air chasing moisture is often "over modeled". 

It snowed on March 12th (I measured 3") and it came after temps dropped from the 50s the previous day, but I can't remember all the details of the setup going in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Yes, like you & @MAG5035 and I said earlier, we can at least possibly score in the front end with the initial coastal & then after the front passes on the back end.

Here is more from the 18z GFS

41DEB65F-0E72-4F47-B088-69DA1F25AB4E.png

3367F577-0404-498A-93AE-302980E7D07E.png

823EE5E3-A5DD-4519-9567-AB696E84D17D.png

there is still enough variance showing in run to run differences, to not write off some white.  Heck, HH GFS is a couple moves away from trying give us backend lovin.  Would be great to see the gulf low deal start to show on a couple models as so much energy is involved, its not outside the rhealm of possibilities.  Or it starts to cut further west like what we just went through.

20 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

there is still enough variance showing in run to run differences, to not write off some white.  Heck, HH GFS is a couple moves away from trying give us backend lovin.  Would be great to see the gulf low deal start to show on a couple models as so much energy is involved, its not outside the rhealm of possibilities.  Or it starts to cut further west like what we just went through.

The 18z EPS is showing the front end potential from the initial coastal low.

It also shows the back end snow as the front moves through with a low popping near Cape May, NJ.

C82F19FA-217F-4353-855C-29019FA27C2B.png

A2BD86F3-C7DD-4778-8C74-99CAE4F506D4.png