• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

13 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

The NAM has been consistent in not wanting to give anything accumulating to the southern tier counties.

It did look slightly colder overall and the coastal low a touch further east than 6z NAM. Didn’t do much in practical p-type results for us southern folks, but I still found the slight shift noteworthy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

and after looking at the 6z NAM thermals, the 700's where a tad warmer for SE Pa, still a good bit of work for us down here, but soon enough, these subtle shifts will become noise, as the goalposts will stop narrowing and I'll likely be outside of them.  For those inside...enjoy.

and after the 12z NAM thermal profile review...a nice tick colder. 

IMO coastal is helping a bit.  If you look at 700mb panels you can see it.  850's also a tad better.  I'll take it as a good start for the day.

edit: and after reviewing comments above, looks like I'm late to the dance....:lol:

namconus_T700_neus_45.png

namconus_T700_neus_43.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

What an unbelievably ugly cutoff in the SE parts of the LSV. Not often is there a 7" difference between Harrisburg and Lancaster. 

I added to my post suggesting that map may be a bit misleading after looking over the column for the entire event.  Doubt it would play out like that. 

• Like 1

and best news of the day (to me) is that after looking at the tellies, 

NAO - slighly -

AO - solidly -

PNA - FINALLY GOING ++

MJO low amplitude 1/2/3 for next 2 weeks.  Not really sure what/how that plays into the other signals, but IMO 3/4 aint bad.  

forthcoming maps should continue to show much nicer looks as we head for and beyond the holidays, so if your stocking doesnt get filled w/ snow with this one....I'd wager Sauss's $$ that many/all stocking just may have snow in them by EOY.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

regardless of the end result, I'll take the step the GFS took as a nice move for some LSV'rs.

Remember folks, you gotta get the thermals figured out, before looking at perty colored snow maps....especially in situ's like this.  Often times surface maps can be lagging IMO, so keep that block of salt on standby when viewing.  

In marginal events like this (cold wise), thats why I post 700/850 for your viewing pleasure/pain...cause it all starts up top.

And for those that know this....sorry to bother, but for those that don't hope it helps.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Did you hack the model?  Random bullseye over your hood.  

That is my mountain.  Pen Mar Park scores.  High Rock is white rock.  Posting snow maps for the fun but 12Z has been a slight improvement for many here...I still would never bet money on the mid-levels holding in any kind of situation like this so keeping expectations low. 

5 minutes ago, anthonyweather said:

Lehigh valley / poconos fit here??

Hate Philly threat when it goes silent when they aren’t in the game

Of course you are welcome. We are NOT like some other forums that get all wound up from "outsiders".

Hell....we got some guy from friggin Arizona that posts here all the time @Voyager :P

Enjoy your stay and fwiw were not always in the game either, but we are known to chat it up even when some of us are on the bench.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Of course you are welcome. We are NOT like some other forums that get all wound up from "outsiders".

Hell....we got some guy from friggin Arizona that posts here all the time [mention=317]Voyager[/mention] 
Enjoy your stay and fwiw were not always in the game either, but we are known to chat it up even when some of us are on the bench.

Damn Steve ended up in this room?? I know Steve real well! (Voyager)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, anthonyweather said:

Lehigh valley / poconos fit here??

Hate Philly thread when it goes silent when they aren’t in the game

Most people here are quite nice.  In addition to paying for beer you also have to let us know how often you mow your grass and what you keep your house temp at in the winter.  Those are a big deal here.  :-).  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh and to all new people joining us from the nether regions of "Screw Philadelphia." You're on the hook for the Christmas party drink fund.

Before you write that off as not a big deal, I observe the Julian calendar. Our party is two days before Christmas. So January 5th. You fund that, too.

Enjoy.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 2