• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

14 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I was mentioning why I did not post it...if I post a model with no ensemble support, some people do not like it and now I am not right for skipping one that had little ensemble support?  

Come on, that 0z GFS run needed posted for 1 main reason…

…The sanity of @paweather !

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, anotherman said:

Never said it wouldn’t snow again. Just that we are operating in a new reality. The entire system has changed and we can’t expect things to be business as usual.

New reality? I guess you mean the current warming cycle or do you think we never have another cooling cycle?

• Like 1

New reality? I guess you mean the current warming cycle or do you think we never have another cooling cycle?

I’m simply stating that the climate of the earth is different than it was 30+ years ago. Oceans are warmer, circulations are changing…..which causes the climate to do things that we can’t fully understand or predict. To state that the climate is exactly the same as it was in the 60s is flat out wrong. We do still have cycles, but they aren’t what they used to be. They’re being enhanced/perturbed.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, anotherman said:

I’m simply stating that the climate of the earth is different than it was 30+ years ago. Oceans are warmer, circulations are changing…..which causes the climate to do things that we can’t fully understand or predict. To state that the climate is exactly the same as it was in the 60s is flat out wrong. We do still have cycles, but they aren’t what they used to be. They’re being enhanced/perturbed.

good point! I would say however the climate is changing and will always change sometimes faster sometimes slower....I would be stunned if we don't see a return to a less snowy but colder couple of decades during the 2030's and 2040's. Below is climate data for Chester County PA. Of course this is NOT for the planet but for one small county in PA no clear long term climate trends at least in my county except cyclical nature of the fluctuations. image.thumb.png.c8a2b98cc82f6fa06c4953aba5ecb70d.png

2 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

By the way, I can’t wait until 3 pm today….

I might be a little out of line today until that certain event is over….!!!

Hopefully we'll have a couple reasons to celebrate around happy hour time.

BTW, ICON and CMC have midweek threat looming.  This IS our best chance at cold, so lets hope for the storms to continually creep north as the events get closer.  Thats been e consistent play so far so lets not try to break the hot hand now that the cold press may be able to help....right?

• Like 2