• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

30 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The EPS has also been consistent for the last few days with the track while the GEFS has been bouncing around.

Yea the most consistent actually. Weatherbell has newer tools in its meteograms section to see trends. Here’s Euro EPS v GEFS, I’m using UNV this time. 

EURO EPS

322184222_ECtrendUNV.thumb.png.bf7b011644ce62bf9456f5132485430f.png

GEFS

1614174134_GEFStrendUNV.thumb.png.63ba8c13dc3b568298d17e12e941719a.png

The initialization timescale is a bit different between the two since the GEFS includes 18 and 6z runs and the Euro EPS only uses 0 and 12z, but you can see the Euro EPS started dialing this Sunday event in with the 0z run on the 16th, while the GEFS finally started seeing it better this morning at 6z, though you can see it has seen the event to a degree. . Conversely, the GEFS started seeing the potential 2nd event before the Euro EPS. These products are available for the op models too. And of course the GFS op’s first run that had measurable snowfall with the Sunday event at UNV was the 12z run today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

GFS takes a primary along to the Lakes with the coastal for the Wednesday event as well. True central goes from ice to snow at the end but obviously not ideal. 

Canadian has front end snow that goes to mix/rain in the LSV as the coastal low goes by for Sunday event (not to the Wednesday one yet)

early morning GFS finally starts to come around to the earlier coastal. 

0z run at 84 had slp in KY

6z has slp in south GA.  

Still not a winner for me, but gotta get the track right before anyone can fret over how much shoveling you'll be doing, but verbatim this track is coming in line and should make many central and northers happy.  I still need to see the other camps stay south for me to be in the game.

Shit..........I needed to get work done today.

• Like 1

We are now at the point in the episode of World Series of Poker where Norm Chad talks about this being a critical point in short-stack's game where he doesn't want to be blinded out, but isn't quite at the "all-in" moment, and has a few hands left before getting there.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The 6z Euro at the end of the 90 hr. run has  almost no defined low until it begins to form a closed low in eastern North Carolina when the run ends.

728702E2-CA9F-45B9-8A0B-ED70B7459468.png

I watched a documentary about the '93 Storm of the Century and they talked about how the computer models nailed it three or four days ahead of time.  Almost 30 years later and here we are....

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The 6z ICON remained steady and would be a crowd pleaser on here.

icon actually ticked SE a bit from 0z.  Not much but better but better than heading the wrong way.  It lets go of the primary a tad earlier as well.  Helps our precious thermal gradient.  Cant believe I'm wanting to throw my chips on it, but it's definately inside the scope of options for us.  Its an ideal track for us all things considered.

8 minutes ago, anotherman said:

I watched a documentary about the '93 Storm of the Century and they talked about how the computer models nailed it three or four days ahead of time.  Almost 30 years later and here we are....

What an awesome experience that was.  I remember it like it was yesterday.