• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

True Central approved of the Kanook model as well. 

As stated earlier, I'm on the outside for this one, but if I were in central/northern pa, i'd be watchin this bad boy.  Im not parsin over specifics at 4 days, but there's enough decent looks to not throw this one aside...and compared to where we've been its a refreshing change.

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

and if thats not enough, same areas that get hit on the Churchgoersunite special...go look at the GooFuS for mid next week.

verbatim you get shellacked mid next week.  Again, its nice to see better looks and thats all I'm taking from it for now.

Wet or white going to be a fun time tracking over the next week. 

7 minutes ago, paweather said:

Wet or white going to be a fun time tracking over the next week. 

Thats the big reason many are here...correct.  

Rug may once again be pulled out....but if so, it wont be for the same reasons, as the PAC is starting its transition away from trough to ridging.  THATS my takeaway, but for some, it doesnt matter how you fail...its still the same (and rather understandable).  

8 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

It's looping in the wrong direction...starting with 126 and ending with 114.

The loop is from the last 3 runs of the model (0z, 6z, and 12z) for the same time stamp, which is 6z Monday morning. The loop shows that with each new run, the low is centered farther SE than the previous run. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The loop is from the last 3 runs of the model (0z, 6z, and 12z) for the same time stamp, which is 6z Monday morning. The loop shows that with each new run, the low is centered farther SE than the previous run. 

The GFS moving toward matching the other models which are also moving toward matching the GFS.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superstorm said:

Agree.  If we had an cold air prior to both of those events, we would at least be looking at thump to rain/drizzle.

Just a reminder of all of our spring snow events when its 50 the day before and a winter wonderland the next day.  Not saying I like getting snow that way, but I'll take my chances in prime time climo w/ a storm south of our latitude...no matter the result.  While its not south on every model, there is a trend in that direction.  

Guess we'll find out soon enough....or when the 18z GFS has it back in the UP of Michigan.

flipppidy flop the model goes....

5 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Just a reminder of all of our spring snow events when its 50 the day before and a winter wonderland the next day.  Not saying I like getting snow that way, but I'll take my chances in prime time climo w/ a storm south of our latitude...no matter the result.  While its not south on every model, there is a trend in that direction.  

Guess we'll find out soon enough....or when the 18z GFS has it back in the UP of Michigan.

flipppidy flop the model goes....

No argument there.  I was at least a little optimistic with the GFS ensemble runs.  Let's see what Dr. No has to say about all this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

No argument there.  I was at least a little optimistic with the GFS ensemble runs.  Let's see what Dr. No has to say about all this.

Almost there (out for 12Z) on the Euro,  The highest the SLP climbed at 0Z was Central NC (at least when to our west) so that is the key I am watching for on this run.