• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

3 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Friend in western Pa text and said button everything down that the wind means business. 
I’m with @canderson and hate wind!

it’s still raining here. And like others there is standing water everywhere. I feel it could get ugly later as the temps drop. 

At the very least, the saturated ground is going to freeze like it has not in quite some time.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Anduril said:

Has the front actually gone through the Harrisburg area yet? Having a hard time actually discerning it on the radar

Looking at WU sites, low 20's just west of Chambersburg.   Upper 30's in Carlisle.  So still a ways from Harrisburg.

8 minutes ago, Newman said:

This is an incredible surface map. But look at the sagging of the isobars through the LSV, that's where the front is

SPC/WPC is insisting the front is entering NJ right now FWIW.    Wind direction here changed about 2 hours ago.  Not that it really matters but the delay in temp drop is interesting. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

SPC/WPC is insisting the front is entering NJ right now FWIW.    Wind direction here changed about 2 hours ago.  Not that it really matters but the delay in temp drop is interesting. 

That's super interesting. I think those figures (from SPC and WPC) are just rough estimates though because we wouldn't be seeing the band of rainfall moving through if the front was already into New Jersey. Physically speaking from a basic meteorological standpoint, the precipitation is always associated along and AHEAD of the cold front where you get rising motion above the cooler air mass. So it's definitely not your fault, but the WPC map is deceiving because the front is definitely not into Jersey yet

1 minute ago, Newman said:

That's super interesting. I think those figures (from SPC and WPC) are just rough estimates though because we wouldn't be seeing the band of rainfall moving through if the front was already into New Jersey. Physically speaking from a basic meteorological standpoint, the precipitation is always associated along and AHEAD of the cold front where you get rising motion above the cooler air mass. So it's definitely not your fault, but the WPC map is deceiving because the front is definitely not into Jersey yet

I echo this sentiment. 

5 minutes ago, Newman said:

I was reading the surface ob's at MDT as well.  The DP started dropping slightly before 8 so that would indicate the front had passed to me.  But this is interesting as there is always a delay in temp drop from what I have seen.  HRRR has back building of precip well after the front, so I was not just counting on the precip.   HRRR has precip in MDT still at noon which is way past the front.