• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

15 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Yeah, no matter what map shows what, we know the drill down here.  Hoping for surprise reports N and W of us (more N IMO). Funny as I was thinking Liberty exit of rt 15 to Worlds End when I suggested Lyco to Sullivan.  Liberty is 1 mile over the Tioga border, and a plateau that we always see wintery weather when there is some to be had en route to the cabin.   

I was actually thinking of you making that drive when I posted that, since you seem to head up 'er pretty often.  I've made it quite a few times as well, and yeah, it's always a different world when you get up there above 2,000'.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

HRRR has you settling in at 38-40 then a low of 29 at midnight before temps start to rise.  Above freezing at 9AM tomorrow and punching into the 40's overnight Thursday. 

An approximate 10 degree drop this evening sounds sort of difficult to me if the sky is already overcast. I could see a drop to around freezing, with an additional drop of a couple of degrees with the onset of precip. 

I'm instructing WFH tomorrow and I've issued a LWRJW as well for those that venture out.

LWRJW - Light, Water-Repellant Jacket Warning. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

An approximate 10 degree drop this evening sounds sort of difficult to me if the sky is already overcast. I could see a drop to around freezing, with an additional drop of a couple of degrees with the onset of precip. 

I'm instructing WFH tomorrow and I've issued a LWRJW as well for those that venture out.

Thanks for defining that acronym. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The good 'Ole LWRJW with short sleeve polo under type of day. 

• Haha 2

If we've got nothing else....there's always hope.  While its pretty far out there to really ponder, the base state is notably colder and any warm punch would potentially be muted and this could be more of an overrunning kinda thingy that gets it white just in time for Santa.  Yes, it'll likely change a bunch, but the pattern change is happening, so something to consider when thinking of any last minute requests for stocking stuffers.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_36.png

• Like 1

EC has most of PA showing precip invading in the early AM hours of Thur.  the far NE is still dry at this time.  Starting as rain and freezing rain for the most part.  Very little mix or sleet at the onset.  At 7AM much of PA has freezing rain.   By mid day, much of that freezing ran has turned into snow in PA except a mix and rain in the LSV and SW  Snow just now crawling into the NE corner of the state. 

Tomorrow evening there is heavy snow from near CTP down to about Perry county.  LSV still mix or rain.   Mix is now well up into the MSV.  Surface temps are at or above freezing for almost all of PA at this point despite the snow.   EC has mix and rain to the NY line by Friday AM as the low crossed the DelMarVa.   I just have the 10:1 snow map which will be much too high but will show areas where it snowed. 

image.png.65259de584ceaa1a42665417c3526c8c.png

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

EC has most of PA, except the SW corner, showing precip invading in the early AM hours of Thur.  the far NE is still dry at this time.  Starting as rain and freezing rain for the most part.  Very little mix or sleet at the onset.  At 7AM much of PA has freezing rain.   By mid day, much of that freezing ran has turned into snow in PA except a mix and rian in the LSV.  SNow just now cralwing into the NE corner of the state. 

Tomorrow evening there is heavy snow from near CTP down to about Perry county.  LSV still mix or rain.   Mix is now well up into the MSV.  Surface temps are at or above freezing for almost all of PA at this point despite the snow.   EC has mix and rain to the NY line by Friday AM as the low crossed the DelMarVa. 

Marysville! @Blizzard of 93 will be riding the line!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Also, some nerd on YouTube named SPCHermitage1258 posted an EAS alert scenario video four months ago called "2022: An EAS Mega Scenario," where the events that the Mayans predicted ten years ago finally occur.

December 14, 2022, the video captures an extreme weather outbreak in the south.

Creepy. Maybe we don't see Christmas.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk