Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

5 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Drastic temperature difference at 8:30pm EDT between my PA home and my Arizona home. 

Tamaqua: 40

Sun City: 88

Well it is called Sun City!   Let compares Apples to Apples.  The current temp in Sun City, Florida is 77 with no sun. LOL.  Someone around your PA home may make a run for 70 tomorrow. 

Frost Advisory

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGENational Weather Service State College PA1140 AM EDT Sat Oct 8 2022PAZ004>006-010>012-017>019-024>028-033>037-041-042-045-046-049>053-056>059-063>066-090500-/O.NEW.KCTP.FR.Y.0006.221009T0400Z-221009T1300Z/Warren-McKean-Potter-Elk-Cameron-Northern Clinton-Clearfield-Northern Centre-Southern Centre-Cambria-Blair-Huntingdon-Mifflin-Juniata-Somerset-Bedford-Fulton-Franklin-Tioga-Northern Lycoming-Sullivan-Southern Clinton-Southern Lycoming-Union-Snyder-Montour-Northumberland-Columbia-Perry-Dauphin-Schuylkill-Lebanon-Cumberland-Adams-York-Lancaster-Including the cities of Warren, Bradford, Coudersport, St. Marys,Ridgway, Emporium, Renovo, DuBois, Clearfield, Philipsburg,State College, Johnstown, Altoona, Huntingdon, Mount Union,Lewistown, Mifflintown, Somerset, Bedford, McConnellsburg,Chambersburg, Mansfield, Wellsboro, Trout Run, Laporte,Lock Haven, Williamsport, Lewisburg, Selinsgrove, Danville,Sunbury, Shamokin, Bloomsburg, Berwick, Newport, Harrisburg,Hershey, Pottsville, Lebanon, Carlisle, Gettysburg, York,and Lancaster1140 AM EDT Sat Oct 8 2022...FROST ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 9 AM EDTSUNDAY...* WHAT...Temperatures between 33 and 36 will result in frost formation.* WHERE...All of Central Pennsylvania, including the Susquehanna Valley, Northern Mountains and Laurel Highlands.* WHEN...From midnight tonight to 9 AM EDT Sunday.* IMPACTS...Near-ground freezing temperatures could kill uncovered sensitive outdoor vegetation.* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The frost will occur mainly in valley locations. Some rural valley locations where the wind diminishes to nearly calm could see temperatures as low as 30 to 32 degrees.

Verified.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Same here…we have not caved in Marysville!

No heat on yet…but we are questioning our sanity with the house getting down to 63 this morning!

One of our cats is staying in the sun so he is not happy with us either.   Though it is already up to 52 here going up 20 degrees in 3.5 hours.  I feel a 65-70 day today. 

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Exclusive AmWx only look at the current Electric Meter usage in the Maytown Historic district this fall...including this AM. 

image.png.f11ab3449e650c436e06ce6af6c3d2f1.png

Our AC kicked on last evening just as the temp reached 39.9 - my wife thought it was awesome. 

I married a great woman.

32 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Same here…we have not caved in Marysville!

No heat on yet…but we are questioning our sanity with the house getting down to 63 this morning!

LOL- 63? That's tee shirt and shorts temps.

It's my Alaskan blood. :)

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Our AC kicked on last evening just as the temp reached 39.9 - my wife thought it was awesome. 

I married a great woman.

LOL- 63? That's tee shirt and shorts temps.

It's my Alaskan blood. :)

You’d fit right in with the golfers this morn.  Heavy frost and wearing shorts and t shirt.  Oh and drinking beer.  

• Like 1

I decided to do an internet search,  and here's what I found out, which is kind of what I was thinking...

In Arizona, air conditioner units are mostly seen on the rooftop. As it is a hot place, the air conditioner units require optimal circulation as well as ventilation.

Furthermore, without needing to go upstairs, the air might be pumped immediately downwards towards the homes and offices. As a result, air conditioners can deliver a better result and efficiently keep the house cool.

https://roofinghawk.com/why-are-ac-units-on-the-roof-in-arizona/

• Like 1