Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

43 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I decided to do an internet search,  and here's what I found out, which is kind of what I was thinking...

In Arizona, air conditioner units are mostly seen on the rooftop. As it is a hot place, the air conditioner units require optimal circulation as well as ventilation.

Furthermore, without needing to go upstairs, the air might be pumped immediately downwards towards the homes and offices. As a result, air conditioners can deliver a better result and efficiently keep the house cool.

https://roofinghawk.com/why-are-ac-units-on-the-roof-in-arizona/

You would think people in Florida would think the same way.   But Angie's List says this.

image.thumb.png.e529df5563b8243bb735bac91ac5fc64.png

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

38 here.

Elliott Abrams used to refer to this weather as "2 Jacket Days" - cold enough (for most of you) to need a jacket in the morning, then forget it at work when it's warm in the afternoon, only to need another jacket the next morning. :)

I have sleeve troubles on days like this (when I leave the house).  Long sleeves in the Am and Shorts and short sleeves in the afternoon.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I have sleeve troubles on days like this (when I leave the house).  Long sleeves in the Am and Shorts and short sleeves in the afternoon.  

What is the "long sleeves" thing you speak about?

Also - my forecast for today is Sunny and a high of 66.

It's currently raining...(very lightly)

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

What is the "long sleeves" thing you speak about?

Also - my forecast for today is Sunny and a high of 66.

It's currently raining...(very lightly)

You are turning into the 0 percent rain guy.    I suspect many push 70's today and well in to the 70's the next 2 days.   Over here we almost made 70 yesterday. 

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

You are turning into the 0 percent rain guy.    I suspect many push 70's today and well in to the 70's the next 2 days.   Over here we almost made 70 yesterday. 

Yes, I had that .12" of rain last week one evening when there was no rain in the forecast. 

Agree about the 70s for Tuesday and Wednesday. It will be interesting to see where we end up today. We have some clouds here that according to satellite might not be the same over your way. 

Great time in the northwoods this weekend.  Nice early season colors showing up.  Looking forward to more colors in coming weeks.  

Also looks like 76 late last week made my limb crack....;)

That said, it really does look like a cool period coming up.  Frosty pumpkins for many.  (spotty frost and 38 at my house this am)

• Like 2

Looking like great autumn weather coming up through next week.  Looking at mid next week, I'd step out on another limb and suggest somewhere in PA sees first flakes, as there is a notable frontal passage mid next week and enough instability to maybe touch something of the frozen variety off. 

• Like 2