• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

Check out this beefy cold front coming through Thursday night and Friday AM.  First "big boy" front of the season IMO.    After 3 days in the 70's it means business (progged).  it is 64ish at MDT at 2AM Friday morning and in the mid 40's by 8AM.   CMC not having any of it and has 5 days of 70+ and keeps the trough well north of us. 

image.png.c6c7f9ca8591eedf7b5357c9ce9b3f9f.png

7 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

71 was all the thermometer could muster yesterday but with the sun it felt warmer, it was a great fall day.

That is how I am looking at it.  These next two weeks are going to have some nice days to enjoy before we eventually get cold.   Too early for cold yet and it is not 90's so that is good. 

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

The revenge of Ian again?   LOL.  Models had a weak vort passing way to our Northeast and did not show rain getting that far south. 

48 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

we got rain at some point too after i went to bed. 

It actually rained a 2nd time (a little) after midnight - an additional .02" recorded this morning. 

.12" isn't too shabby when the POP last night was 0%. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Random musing - there have been some truly atrocious NFL games so far this season. More than I recall in previous seasons. A few involving Denver, but not just them. The first half of the Steelers-Jets game was the most embarrassing half of football that I've personally witnessed. 

Amazon's new contract brought with it some clunkers. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Random musing - there have been some truly atrocious NFL games so far this season. More than I recall in previous seasons. A few involving Denver, but not just them. The first half of the Steelers-Jets game was the most embarrassing half of football that I've personally witnessed. 

I usually don't miss a Steelers game. Sunday i may cut firewood instead :blink::drunk:

46 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

A lot of bad stuff...coaching and playing.   The real kicker is that most people on the field make more $$$ in a year than most American make in a lifetime.   Lots of very questionable QB's starting right now. 

18 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

A lot of bad stuff...coaching and playing.   The real kicker is that most people on the field make more $$$ in a year than most American make in a lifetime.   Lots of very questionable QB's starting right now. 

Conventional wisdom coaching is out the door - how many times do we now see a coach go for it on 4th and 3 from their own 35? That NEVER happened years ago unless it was desperation time. Coaches are putting their teams (defenses) in some really bad situations. 

I agree...same with players. Russ looks absolutely horrid out there. He had to play an awful game to lose last night and somehow he found it in him to do just that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Conventional wisdom coaching is out the door - how many times do we now see a coach go for it on 4th and 3 from their own 35? That NEVER happened years ago unless it was desperation time. Coaches are putting their teams (defenses) in some really bad situations. 

I agree...same with players. Russ looks absolutely horrid out there. He had to play an awful game to lose last night and somehow he found it in him to do just that. 

Yea, they keep saying analytics suggests you go for it on 4th and 3 on your own 35 in the first quarter. LOL.    I do see the plus side of trying it but it is indeed not conventional.  And I totally agree with you that Russ looks bad...and look at Justin Fields in Chicago.   Uggg

43 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

yep. And i would say its not all for the better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1