Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

MDT is only at 64.  Has anyone heard if Allegiant stopped flying in there?   Or is it just the North wind off the water? 

This is the time of year for odd temp readings compared to "most" of the year. I drive each day directly along the river and it's usually several degrees cooler than I am 2 miles out. Once we get a few nights in the 30s MDT will often start to read cooler than what I'm at. It'll go back to normal after we get a couple of hard freezes and MDT will go back to being the warm spot. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

MDT is only at 64.  Has anyone heard if Allegiant stopped flying in there?   Or is it just the North wind off the water? 

I want to slightly amend my comment about MDT's readings - the cooler temps are specific to daytime highs. MDT still runs higher than I do for morning lows. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mahantango#1 said:

I have gone from being one of the warmest in the summer to one of the coolest in the fall. Duration of sun and sun angle here in the fall at my place is taking a toll on temperatures.

yeah thats a bit crazy, but you've suggested you hold the cold in winter so i'm guessing that's part of it as we cool off into autumn and your geography likely plays a factor in holding the cold (creek bottom correct?)

East wind for me.  Up 1 degree in last hour at the big 50

12 08:53 E 3 9.00 Fair CLR 50 46     86% NA NA 30.24 1024.0      
12 07:53 E 3 10.00 Fair CLR 43 41 49 42 93% NA NA 30.24 1024.1

but this will likely win out for the last warm day.  Forecast is for 68.  I'll say 71

namconus_temp_adv_fgen_850_neus_7.png

20 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sun, high clouds and 64. Winds are veering southwesterly now. 

Despite the 70's days last and this week, MDT is 4.4 below normal right now.  As a contrast, they finished last Oct 6.6 AN during the Canderson 8 (think it was 8?)  Above Normal or bust marathon we watched.  That was actually fairly humorous.