Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2022-2023 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

14 hours ago, Buckethead said:

22 with flurries this morning at 4360 in Wolf.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Saw some flakes flying last night on my drive from Canton back to my place.  Had a trace of snow on the ground up at Max Patch on a midday hike, had to be looking in the shady spots to see it though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mercurydime said:

A surprise dollop of sleet here this morning in Pleasant Gardens.   Nice layer on the decks.  I guess the skunk is off...sort of.  I'll take what I can get. 

Yep. Same here. Was hoping we could get a little snow but sleet is better than nothing

• Like 3

Some snow showers possible this afternoon along the border and then it looks like some convective snow showers will be possible tomorrow afternoon around WNC.  Above 3500' could pick up a couple of inches here.  Winter isn't dead just yet.  Temps look to drop into the teens for some Tuesday morning.  Thats going to just about do in any buds around.  Doesn't matter if they have frost protection or not.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Met1985 said:

Looks like winter will hang on a bit longer. Looks like there are several chances for some flakes around the border county in the next few days. Going to be pretty cold also with lows in the teens and 20s.

March and April nowadays are about the only months of the year that can produce persistently below normal temperatures.  However, the normal high for March 13 is 58 F; so you really can't expect February style warmth in March:arrowhead:  Happy 30th anniversary to the Blizzard of 93:snowing:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Moonhowl said:

March and April nowadays are about the only months of the year that can produce persistently below normal temperatures.  However, the normal high for March 13 is 58 F; so you really can't expect February style warmth in March:arrowhead:  Happy 30th anniversary to the Blizzard of 93:snowing:

Yes, I will never forget that storm.  That winter was like this one we had no snow and were wearing shorts to work as a mailman then a couple of days later the storm of the century.  :snowing:

• Like 2

Working nights right now. Had flurries and light snow falling everywhere I went in Buncombe it seemed, from way over in Fairview to up Reems Creek in Weaverville, didn’t amount to anything however.  Just got home to 20 degrees with some light snow falling and a trace on the deck and ground.  

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

13 with light snow here in wolf. Looks like we picked up another .5-.75" overnight...about 2" total for this little flow event so far. That puts me over 30" on the season.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Same snowfall here in Beech at 4650.  2 inches and still coming down at a decent clip. 

• Like 3