• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2022 OBS Thread

Maxwell03

No rain for us again. I think my whole neighborhood is in a micro-drought. It got super dark but the temp hardly dropped at all as well.

Maybe Sunday into Monday we'll finally get some relief, but it won't be enough to offset what will be essentially 3 weeks of negligible moisture by Sunday.

Norman's Thunderstorm Watches up for the CWA -

Severe Thunderstorm Watch

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WS 464
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
500 PM EDT TUE JUL 12 2022

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 464 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1000 PM EDT
FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS

PAC017-029-045-091-101-130200-
/O.NEW.KWNS.SV.A.0464.220712T2100Z-220713T0200Z/

PA
.    PENNSYLVANIA COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

BUCKS                CHESTER             DELAWARE
MONTGOMERY           PHILADELPHIA
$$

NJC001-003-005-007-011-013-015-017-019-021-023-025-027-029-031-
033-035-037-039-041-130200-

NJ
.    NEW JERSEY COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

ATLANTIC             BERGEN              BURLINGTON
CAMDEN               CUMBERLAND          ESSEX
GLOUCESTER           HUDSON              HUNTERDON
MERCER               MIDDLESEX           MONMOUTH
MORRIS               OCEAN               PASSAIC
SALEM                SOMERSET            SUSSEX
UNION                WARREN
$$

DEC001-003-130200-

DE
.    DELAWARE COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

KENT                 NEW CASTLE
$$

Before it started clouding up, I made it up to 91 after a low of 68.  It's currently threatening and 86 with dp 72.

6 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

A nice line of virga swept through. I should have known it was over when they bumped us up to enhanced.

The clouds did drop my temp to 83F. DP still a pleasant 72F.

Am dittoing that,  Nice wide line moving east, TOR up in NY, and it just about disintegrates over us. :huh:

Currently 85 and cloudy with dp 72 (which you would think would make it unstable).

Edit - I'm getting some droplets making visible spats on the pavement but so far, not enough to be measurable.

• Like 1

Seems the forecast from two days ago was spot on, with the slight risk to our west and the idea the storms would collapse as they approached our area.

Just like in school, never change your answer on a test—stay with your first guess.

82F/DP 72F

26 minutes ago, BBasile said:

What an incredible sunset.  My phone couldn't handle the beauty, so out came the SLRs.  Hopefully I captured it.  The foreground will suck, but the sky was amazing.  

The color here was pretty cool - looking forward to your pics! Had about 35 drops of rain here.

• Like 1

Only picked up 0.05" of rain yesterday. Still above normal for the year but falling behind so far here in July.
The record high today is 97 degrees (1954). Our record low is 53 degrees (2001). Of note that 53 degree record low is the warmest record low temperature of any date during the calendar year. In fact there are only 10 days (all here in July) where the record low in not at least in the 40's.
Daily record rainfall for today is 2.52" (1975).
image.png.ed6bb384f11ccfb50e1835dc70f7633e.png

23 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

K wot's this all about, then?

7jpqYvP.png

Not getting my hopes up, but it is nice to see. I'm roughly where that 19605 dot is.

That will be a total foul ball that flies behind the batter and gets nowhere near the field here. :lol:

I did end up making it to 90 here , after a low of 70.  It was the 4th 90 or higher temp this month and the 9th 90+ day IMBY since May.  Currently have just a few scattered clouds post-sunset, and it's 80, with dp 66.

hory crap,  52 drops tonight. Just enough to spot the car windshield with pollen and dust in the morning. Hits the LV wall and virtually is gone in 15 minutes. Never seen such a dry pocket of air over us like this. well , I got 20 drops more than this weekend, so that it is a plus. The corn today in Breinigsville is so spiked, I just do see how it will make it. ITs bee at least ten years since I have seen such severity in the corn spiking. My zucchini have stopped producing and for the first time, the canadian geese have come over in my yard as the fields are drying up and the humidity during the afternoon drops into the 30% range. Even the ground is cracked in the wetland areas. 

• Weenie 1

On 7/12/2022 at 8:45 PM, BBasile said:

What an incredible sunset.  My phone couldn't handle the beauty, so out came the SLRs.  Hopefully I captured it.  The foreground will suck, but the sky was amazing.  

Just took a stroll around 11:20pm, good night for camera work and the moon...really cool.

77F/DP 66F

• Like 1

Was down to the bay cottage yesterday-lots of damage on the way down.  Chesapeake City got rocked.  Lots of trees down on the power lines.  Corn blown over.  They were still working last night.  At the cottage there was some tree damage, lots of chairs and stuff blown over.  Thankfully my cousin was there as she said my front door blew open.  I'll make sure to dead bolt it from now on.

Hard to believe all that happened there compared to our 60 drops.

I haven't mowed in two weeks--my lawn has barely grown in that time. I might take a stab at it tomorrow, just to even it out a bit. Need some rain, and hopefully we'll get some this weekend. After that: 90's and above for the foreseeable future. Ugh. At least the days are getting shorter though.

• Weenie 1