Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2022 OBS Thread

Maxwell03

38 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Albedo should be getting drenched

finally a t-storm with lighting --- first one since June to hit me around 6 pm. received a little over an inch in the bucket.  This was  a million dollar rain for those farmers who got it to keep the corn from spiking and get the soybeans to produce pods again. Drought still not over as this rain was so torrential as it mostly ran off so quickly. Basically, the storm  just washed the streets from the dust and debris and soaked the first inch of topsoil. By the end of the week , we will be back to square one with the return of the heat.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

12 hours ago, CoolHandMike said:

Interesting study. I'd like to see the data on ≥80° and also dewpoints ≥70°, as well as a list and location of the 14 stations. Is this data freely available? Also what is the significance of those specific periods? I don't want to say the data looks cherry-picked, but it seems to me that the math would be more representative if you compared, say, 1895-1957 and then 1957 to present. Or maybe throw some trend lines in there. Regardless, that's pretty neat, thanks for posting.

Let me check with him to see the station locations. I suspect that if he included say PHL and PIT it would skew it with the UHI contamination problems at the airports.

Above normal temps look to continue for most of the next week or so. Normal highs are in 80 to 81 degree range. The warmest day looks to be Thursday with highs in the upper 80's across parts of the County.
The record high for today is 96 degrees from 1936. Record low is 41 degrees set back in 1952. Daily rain record is the 3.38" that fell today in 1933. image.png.0c7b420d2034898a9d0a8e9501093eb8.png

38 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

Wait, what? This can't be real. I feel like Charlie Brown being set up for failure.

8zfWxQ4.png

Yeah if that holds, you are gonna get some of it (or at least get fringed).

I did make it up to 84 today for a high but the big news was the breeze that took the dps out of the 70s and back into the more tolerable 60s (albeit upper 60s).  Currently mostly sunny and 83 with dp 67.

kdix_20220823_2209_BR_0.4.png

34 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Yeah if that holds, you are gonna get some of it (or at least get fringed).

I did make it up to 84 today for a high but the big news was the breeze that took the dps out of the 70s and back into the more tolerable 60s (albeit upper 60s).  Currently mostly sunny and 83 with dp 67.

kdix_20220823_2209_BR_0.4.png

Nope, complete whiff. As in, there was an actual mini-gust front followed by maybe 5 drops. It was nice and breezy for a while though.

6 hours ago, BBasile said:

That is confirmed.  It peaked at 83.8F last night.....which may be a new record?  Primed for tropical season.  

Screenshot_20220824-025647_Chrome.jpg

We usually have some kind of tropical system or coastal-something far enough up here to churn up the water and bring the colder denser levels up to the surface.  But so far not his year.  I usually see it peak in the mid- to maybe upper-70s in the warmer coastal areas  (vs the bays where it would be warmer) around late-August - early September (with that usual summer ocean temp lag).

220824.236.0311.n18.jpg

Bottomed out at 68 this morning and it's currently mostly sunny and 78 with dp 68.

• Like 1

Only made it down to 62 degrees for the low in East Nantmeal but many lower spots in the county reached the comfy upper 50's. We look to continue our streak of above normal temps over the next week. Highs should generally be in the mid 80's with lows in the mid to upper 60's. Only some slight chances of rain both Friday and again on Tuesday.

image.png.b1d290b0d3d8b4621812886108ee93e5.png