Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,191
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    2015Wrx
    Newest Member
    2015Wrx
    Joined

Central PA Summer 2022


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, canderson said:

That heats gotta get here at some point. My parents have had 37 iirc days over 100 now. 107 today, no day below 103 in their 10 day. It was 98 Saturday, first day in 2 weeks ot wasn’t 100+ I believe. 

That’s not remotely normal, even for Texas. 

I do not question that but it is too easy here for clouds or rains to spoil a warm day.   Models are barely over 90 (or not)  several of the next 7 days (did not check euro)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, canderson said:

Wow we didn’t get a drop today (well after early this am). Lucky you!

Tamaqua had a special weather advisory …

What was it? We had good, heavy rain about 7pm, but no thunder. We did end up with 0.99" total from the morning and evening rain, though.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No rain here yesterday but it’s a beautiful morning; 68, clear skies and until a couple minutes ago there was a light but steady breeze. It doesn’t feel muggy yet, the light breeze is mostly taking care of that, but there’s definitely that feeling that it’s gearing up to be a scorcher. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A decent 63 this Am.   HRRR and GFS have DP's dropping into the 50's/near 60 this afternoon (LSV) with temps topping around average in the upper 80's so probably some low 90's in the hot spots.   RGEM also stays in the 80's.   Zones also have temps staying below 90 except Lanco which is right on 90 where I clicked. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

A decent 63 this Am.   HRRR and GFS have DP's dropping into the 50's/near 60 this afternoon (LSV) with temps topping around average in the upper 80's so probably some low 90's in the hot spots.   RGEM also stays in the 80's.   Zones also have temps staying below 90 except Lanco which is right on 90 where I clicked. 

Those DPs do not sound bad at all… that’s downright pleasant for this time of year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Streak said:

Those DPs do not sound bad at all… that’s downright pleasant for this time of year.

Yea, it sorts of lines up with what you said you felt this AM.  May not be an overly humid day today if they are right.   HRRR has them dropping all day.  Here is 4PM.

image.png.151098f6242ecc52b64996168dfc20a3.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My precip the last few days:

Sat - .23"

Sun - .18"

Mon - .01"

July total thus far:  2.43"

My posting has been limited and will likely continue to be for a bit longer, as my wife's father passed away this past weekend.  Not totally unexpected but still felt sudden, if that makes sense.  He was only in his early 60s but had a number of serious health ailments.  Still much too soon.  Anyway, enjoy the heat fellas and hug your fathers if you're still lucky enough to have one.

  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

My precip the last few days:

Sat - .23"

Sun - .18"

Mon - .01"

July total thus far:  2.43"

My posting has been limited and will likely continue to be for a bit longer, as my wife's father passed away this past weekend.  Not totally unexpected but still felt sudden, if that makes sense.  He was only in his early 60s but had a number of serious health ailments.  Still much too soon.  Anyway, enjoy the heat fellas and hug your fathers if you're still lucky enough to have one.

sorry for your families loss

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Mount Joy Snowman I'm so very sorry.

I lost my father in 2015. He was 76 but in very good shape, ate well, worked out...he seemed like he had many years left. One morning when he woke up, he bent over to put on a sock...and he never got back up. Boom. It was over. 

Never take anything for granted in life. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

My precip the last few days:

Sat - .23"

Sun - .18"

Mon - .01"

July total thus far:  2.43"

My posting has been limited and will likely continue to be for a bit longer, as my wife's father passed away this past weekend.  Not totally unexpected but still felt sudden, if that makes sense.  He was only in his early 60s but had a number of serious health ailments.  Still much too soon.  Anyway, enjoy the heat fellas and hug your fathers if you're still lucky enough to have one.

Sorry to hear MJS. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

80 at 9:25am. I've been stuck on 14 days at or above 90 for some time...today might add to the tally. 

I am hoping I stay at 87 below to take my BN normal streak to 31 days.  pretty amazing streak if you ask me.  No AN days in over a month!   74 here right now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Wow, that is remarkable! Especially when it seems like there's more AN than BN weather anymore. 

I am using MDT's average number so there is a little fudging but our highest temp has been 87 (since June 17th).  I just checked out Cashtown and he is the same or similar.  Little or no AN normal days for over a month. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am using MDT's average number so there is a little fudging but our highest temp has been 87 (since June 17th).  I just checked out Cashtown and he is the same or similar.  Little or no AN normal days for over a month. 

Just looked it up, I've hit 90 twice so far this summer.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...