• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 12, 2022 Snow Discussion and Obs: Winter's Last Appearance?

Newman

Ratios will suck and I can't get worked up over accumulations one way or the other. Whatever falls will be gone by Monday. I'm just going to enjoy watching it rip fatties for a few hours tomorrow before we set off towards another 6 months of summer of azz wx.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, JTA66 said:

Ratios will suck and I can't get worked up over accumulations one way or the other. Whatever falls will be gone by Monday. I'm just going to enjoy watching it rip fatties for a few hours tomorrow before was set off towards another 6 months of summer of azz wx.

There is supposed to be a major cold air intrusion and flash freeze behind this as it departs. Saturday night low is listed as 20 for the city alone.  Sunday's high is supposed to be below normal in the mid-upper 30s metro & SE, and less N/W.

Sun angle and rates will be a factor, yes... but with the crashing temps in the wake of the front I still don't think it'll be that much of an issue. I've seen 6" of snow in April a few years ago. With the heavier rates and plummeting temps forecasted, I think roads will be covered and colder/grassier surfaces will still see a decent accumulation. Those of us in Berks and the Lehigh Valley should expect 4-6" of snow, with probably 3-4" on roads and pavement if the rates do come in heavy.

Also, don't forget about the winds behind and during this system. Should see some decent gusts and sporadic tree damage/power outages.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

24 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Daytime snow again 11am to 5pm, March sun angle lol

I think we have a better chance than normal. No blow torch today (70s), temps will crash tomorrow downward through the 20s w/good rates at times.

Here's how I think it will go:

Wake up to rain, some weenies report snow mixing in, West weenies now reporting all snow then east weenies join in w/all snow, weenies starting to report sticking to grassy surfaces, then a little time goes by and now weenins report sticking to car/roof tops, more time goes by then a weenie reports starting to stick to deck/top of BBQ/front walkway...more time goes by, then an excited weenie chimes in starting to sticking to pavements and parking lots...

From there who knows if roads get coated? Personally I think some, mainly backroads but how much remaining precip?

53F

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

I think e have a better chance than normal. No blow torch today (70s), temps will crash tomorrow downward through the 20s w/good rates at times.

Wake up to rain, some weenies report snow mixing in, West weenies now reporting all snow then east weenies join in w/all snow, weenies starting to report sticking to grassy surfaces, then a little time goes by and now weenins report sticking to car/roof tops, more time goes by then a weenie reports starting to stick to deck/top of BBQ/front walkway...more time goes by, then an excited weenie chimes in starting to sticking to pavements and parking lots...

From there who knows if roads get coated? Personally I think some, mainly backroads but how much remaining precip?

53F

I'm sorry but... :weenie::lol::lol::lol:

You are hilarious. :P

8 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

I think we have a better chance than normal. No blow torch today (70s), temps will crash tomorrow downward through the 20s w/good rates at times.

53F

Forgot to mention, they won't (I don't think/they usually don't) lay down brine today because it will start as rain. Townships thinking, "why brine the roads today when it will be washed away before the changeover to frz precip/snow".

Advantage: Weenie

12 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

53F

You forgot step #1: Wake up to rain, some weenies declare "BUST"!! :lol:

• Weenie 1

39 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Ratios will suck and I can't get worked up over accumulations one way or the other. Whatever falls will be gone by Monday. I'm just going to enjoy watching it rip fatties for a few hours tomorrow before we set off towards another 6 months of summer of azz wx.

I like summer. Get to take the boat out, enjoy the outdoors and soak in the sun. Beach days, green scenery. A lot of people like summer. In fact, it's actually the most popular season. I am sorry it is so tough on you.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Rockem_sockem_connection said:

I like summer. Get to take the boat out, enjoy the outdoors and soak in the sun. Beach days, green scenery. A lot of people like summer. In fact, it's actually the most popular season. I am sorry it is so tough on you.

I don’t like it because of the heat, humidity, severe storms, etc. But everyone is different. At least we’ll have baseball.

I’ll just enjoy the 2-4 inches coming down hard for a while tomorrow, if I even get that much.

• Like 1

• Newman changed the title to March 12, 2022 Snow Discussion and Obs: Winter's Last Appearance?