• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 11th-13th Winter Weather Event. Winter's last gasp?

Windspeed

1 minute ago, Carvers Gap said:

Convection to our south could cut off moisture transport, so that is something to watch as well. @Daniel Boone, are you seeing any evidence that could happen?

Yeah, that is a concern. Hopefully the strong forcing along the arctic front will mitigate that somewhat and be able to pull the moisture mainly up this way.

Storms that fire within the moisture transport route are always a worry.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Daniel Boone said:

Yeah, that is a concern. Hopefully the strong forcing along the arctic front will mitigate that somewhat and be able to pull the moisture mainly up this way.

Storms that fire within the moisture transport route are always a worry.

MRX mentions a strong jet streak.  We may just have our own forcing.  Good point.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, John1122 said:

In his follow up the WVLT met said snow will be falling extremely hard but it won't be able to accumulate until the temperature drops into the mid-20s. Is there a TV meteorology degree where you don't actually study weather but just broadcasting instead?

While this isn’t the blizzard of 93 it has similarities with temps, snowfall rates always overcome temps!

• Like 2

You know, we've not had to pull out the old "the energy hasn't been sampled yet" weenie rule for this one yet. Hopefully that's a good sign. 

The players are lining up:

02SSN02.png

That northern energy is really digging in, almost north to south. It's after that southern disturbance and it's going to catch it. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611d78c53d3ed0f53d725

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AMZ8990 said:

You just had to leave west Tn off your map selection didn’t you?  lol. I’m gonna start calling this the East Tennessee weather forum... 

:)

In my defense COD has a floater just over the Carolinas and part of TN right now, so I clicked on that one for the highest resolution. But it did cross my mind. Sorry:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76113c648fe360041e226e

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

In my defense COD has a floater just over the Carolinas and part of TN right now, so I clicked on that one for the highest resolution. But it did cross my mind. Sorry:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76113c648fe360041e226e

All good brotha, just messing with you.  Thanks for always sharing those maps, I really appreciate it!!  Hope you can ice down a whole 6 pack in the snow this go around instead of just 2 like last time 

• Like 2

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic