• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 11th-13th Winter Weather Event. Winter's last gasp?

Windspeed

14 minutes ago, Wurbus said:

WBIR is showing what I thought MRX would show earlier.

I see that snow is sneaking up into the high impact zone. Earlier it was at medium.

I will say I like WBIR when it comes to snow forecast. They typically just shave off a couple of inches of the model or blends which is wise. Like you can tell they take into account what the data shows instead of just making up whatever.  I like that they are transparent and often even post model runs on their forecast page and try to explain the probabilities in their forecast. Is Howell a snow weanie? Definitely seems more positive than the other guy. 

• Like 1

The 18z Euro continues with a strung out look where the front runner low climbs the coast and washes out the pattern behind it and flattens the next, main storm a bit due to lack of separation.  I can't find that look on other modeling.  It was not on the Euro yesterday at this time.  It went OTS.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, John1122 said:

Not such which model Accuweather uses. 

EhG8zP.jpg

It says 1-3" for Crossville lol. They are usually the worst by far in my experience. My buddy checked it in the last big snow here and and it called for 6-10" in Batesville, AR where he lives (it was the only thing calling for anything close to that there) and he ended up with a few sleet pellets that never covered the ground fully.

• Like 1

18z Euro with basically the same look BTW...just the "less precip" look from 12z.  Basically, same run with no big changes.  Sorry, that earlier post might have sounded like something changed.  Not really...

I haven’t looked a lot today because I’ve got some family stuff going on but could the Euro be holding that 4 corners energy back too long? I know it use to have a bias of that but wasn’t sure if that got fixed last update

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John1122 said:

The mean is 4 inches for Memphis, 5 for Nashville and Knoxville. Each have a few 10+ inch big hitters. Nashville had a 15 incher.

Held steady here with 3.37”. In an encouraging change, zero members show a total shutout. One only has 0.25” or so. Big dog here is around 9”. 

• Like 2

I’ll also add that the HRRR appears to show a dramatic improvement in BL temps throughout the southern valley on this run. 2.4” is the minimum over the UHI downtown on the river. Looks like most of Hamilton county is in the 3-4” range. That would be fantastic. As bad as the last two years were, I would settle for enough to cover the grass. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Silas Lang said:

Is it just me, or is the changeover happening quicker on the NAM? Comparing run to run the snow line keeps trending east quicker.

I think it is to. The sleet/mix line is noticeably thinner on this run compared to the 18z.

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic