• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 11th-13th Winter Weather Event. Winter's last gasp?

Windspeed

11 minutes ago, Carvers Gap said:

Starting to see the mountains of NC involved in both the Euro and Canadian runs.

That's ideal. I want to be stuck in Boone for 3 - 4 weeks. I will be at the base of Grandfather mountain and want to have to march up to the summit to see any hope of rescue from the HISTORIC snow drifts that approach the swinging bridge. Hopefully the NWS will have to invent a new warning criterium for what I will experience. Ultra Blizzard Warning, colored black like the color my flesh would be after only minutes out of doors unprepared. I want to see the tears of those who dread snow and ice to freeze as the flow down their frostbiten faces. They'll have to rename the month of March "Snow," it will be so historic, so dreadful, so cold, so snowy. Roads will be impassable and antifreeze frozen. Spring Break will be a mere legend, a long forgotten dream in the hearts of children, covered like the daffodils and redbuds in feet of icy cement. I want to read a NWS forecast discussion with words like "isothermal," and phrases like "quasigeostropic forcing out the wazoo," "frontogentic mesoscale banding," and "isentropic upthrust." The lifting mechanisms need to be compared to geologic forces, but playing out in meteorological time scales.

Heavy. At. Times. 

:weenie::weenie::weenie:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

Moving faster?

Let me check.  Seems like generally the 12 suite of global models was a slight tick slower, but now since you ask,  I am not sure if the Euro was slower or not.  I have looked at so many maps, I can't remember.  Did you think it was faster? Overall, tracks(other than the NAM) looked solid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John1122 said:

It's flatter, the other models take it up into NC. The Euro scoots it eastward even though it's very wound up at 999 and falling fast. Those usually turn NE.

Yeah, that is right.  I remember that now.  

@PowellVolz, strike my earlier comment.  @John1122is correct.  That is the main difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

That's ideal. I want to be stuck in Boone for 3 - 4 weeks. I will be at the base of Grandfather mountain and want to have to march up to the summit to see any hope of rescue from the HISTORIC snow drifts that approach the swinging bridge. Hopefully the NWS will have to invent a new warning criterium for what I will experience. Ultra Blizzard Warning, colored black like the color my flesh would be after only minutes out of doors unprepared. I want to see the tears of those who dread snow and ice to freeze as the flow down their frostbiten faces. They'll have to rename the month of March "Snow," it will be so historic, so dreadful, so cold, so snowy. Roads will be impassable and antifreeze frozen. Spring Break will be a mere legend, a long forgotten dream in the hearts of children, covered like the daffodils and redbuds in feet of icy cement. I want to read a NWS forecast discussion with words like "isothermal," and phrases like "quasigeostropic forcing out the wazoo," "frontogentic mesoscale banding," and "isentropic upthrust." The lifting mechanisms need to be compared to geologic forces, but playing out in meteorological time scales.

Heavy. At. Times. 

:weenie::weenie::weenie:

I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PowellVolz said:

Yesterday it looked good. Has anyone seen it today?

Bumped up at 12z.  2-4” region wide.  18z should be better or even much better.  I think @TellicoWxsaid that it is derived from the runs 6 hours earlier.  So, 18z should be pulled from the 12z suite.

And by the way, where is Tellico?  Hope all is good!

• Like 1

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic