• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 2-4th Snowstorm- Observation Thread

1 minute ago, rochesterdave said:

Wow. GFS increased totals. That little hole over Rochester is some kinda cosmic retribution. 

Haha this is some kind of revenge from CNY on S.Ontario. 

Heavy rain now expected to last until midnight with 1-3cm or under 1” during the night and 2-5cm tomorrow. So storm will now go from 8-16” modelled a few days ago to 2-3” 

2 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

Haha this is some kind of revenge from CNY on S.Ontario. 

Heavy rain now expected to last until midnight with 1-3cm or under 1” during the night and 2-5cm tomorrow. So storm will now go from 8-16” modelled a few days ago to 2-3” 

Yeah but the last one went from 6" to 20". Everything balances out.

• Like 1

Just now, mississaugasnow said:

The snow line looks about 50 miles further west from where most models had it at 5pm 

Luckily, we are mostly waiting on the second wave which has better dynamics and should be cold by then. I think a bust for most of us would still be 7-8”, as offered by NWS low end. Sorry it didn’t work out up there. 

Just now, rochesterdave said:

Luckily, we are mostly waiting on the second wave which has better dynamics and should be cold by then. I think a bust for most of us would still be 7-8”, as offered by NWS low end. Sorry it didn’t work out up there. 

I think for SE MI and Ontario crowd is that we both got threaded by wave 1 and 2. 1 was north and 2 south. That’s why immediate border cities like Buffalo-Niagara need a bit more amped system. I think Rochester sits pretty good 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Was over in Great Lakes forum and didn't realize how bad Detroit snowfall climo is. In the 2014-2015 year I had like 6 events over a foot in one winter at my place. KBUF had 2 in January alone and potential for a 3rd with this event.

Ya Toronto and Detroit are similar. Toronto got lucky two weeks but there’s a reason why 12-20” paralyzed the city and the clean up wasn’t even finished two weeks later haha 

• Like 3