• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS/DISCO - The Historic James Blizzard of 2022

TalcottWx

I'm looking at radar trends right now. My immediate thought is the strung out crap is wrong. I think it's game on for many.

I am going to look at some of the mesos next. My lazy butt actually went on the desktop to look at this instead of the phone.

Don't like to look at stuff like this unless I'm on my big monitors. I'm feeling really bullish.

• Like 3

Just now, DotRat_Wx said:

I'm looking at radar trends right now. My immediate thought is the strung out crap is wrong. I think it's game on for many.

I am going to look at some of the mesos next. My lazy butt actually went on the desktop to look at this instead of the phone.

Don't like to look at stuff like this unless I'm on my big monitors. I'm feeling really bullish.

You can see echos blossoming and pushing pretty far NW into New England at this hour.

RAD_MOS_STATE_NJ_L2NCR_ANI.gif.71e8f60b1a92a06e0f7c435793e0489f.gif

Watching some of those darker bands on the radar headed in this direction reminds me of staying up all night in Feb 2013 and not believing what I was seeing - was living in Easton, CT at the time, had over 30” IIRC - should have gone outside and shoveled it off of the ‘portable garage’ in my yard rather than watching the radar, as the heavy accumulation turned that thing into a mass of twisted steel tubing and canvas…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, radiator said:

Watching some of those darker bands on the radar headed in this direction reminds me of staying up all night in Feb 2013 and not believing what I was seeing - was living in Easton, CT at the time, had over 30” IIRC - should have gone outside and shoveled it off of the ‘portable garage’ in my yard rather than watching the radar, as the heavy accumulation turned that thing into a mass of twisted steel tubing and canvas…

Damage. 
And people had given up 12 hours before that one in CT too . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

84 Bermuda Triangle of accidents likes it too . 

That's so wonky--I think it's because you can see soo far ahead of you coming down the hill (is that from Union that you're coming down from)?  It gives people a false sense of something that has you focusing on what's happening 1/2 mile ahead rather than what the cars in fronts/next do you are doing.

In any case, about 1.5" here.  I put out a stake that so I can watch depth from the comfort of being inside.  There's an NWS employee who lives in town and posts reports from Westborough.  I'll let her/him take care of official reporting.  Hopefully they're home to do that. :)

1 minute ago, moneypitmike said:

That's so wonky--I think it's because you can see soo far ahead of you coming down the hill (is that from Union that you're coming down from)?  It gives people a false sense of something that has you focusing on what's happening 1/2 mile ahead rather than what the cars in fronts/next do you are doing.

In any case, about 1.5" here.  I put out a stake that so I can watch depth from the comfort of being inside.  There's an NWS employee who lives in town and posts reports from Westborough.  I'll let her/him take care of official reporting.  Hopefully they're home to do that. :)

Hayden Frank lives there . I see his tweets. 
Radar looks pretty sweet. You can see the band developing now 

• Like 1