• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28th-29th Clippers/NW Flow Obs/Last Minute Forecasts.

John1122

Alright, everybody needs to be on their A game for TIMs model obs today. HRRR showing some CAPE and lightning flashes. We gotta recharge the TIMs model as much as possible before next weekend. 

I don't think it counts if we just see it on GOES-16 derived flashes.

HRRR lightning flash density

v3NWkgN.png

0-3km CAPE:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611dc882363c17bc52985

• Like 3

Glad to see the thread.  Will probably be a very light event, but given how cold the ground is, and the cold which will follow...this thread is warranted.  Fourth thread this month!!!  Interestingly, I was working in the garden yesterday in order to get things ready.  The ground in my raised beds is still frozen.  I didn't realize it while digging, but I couldn't feel my fingers once it was done. 

• Like 2

Radars look pretty impressive in Illinois and Indiana rotating down this way for the evening. This might be quite a NW flow event, one strong enough to give a inch or so to valley locations. I can remember occasionally that occurring at my low valley elevation on the Tennessee River over the years.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It pains me to see all these snow reports around Knoxville.

.#ValleyLife. #MotherNatureHatesKnoxville

Yeah I understand that, but I wonder since we had that initial moisture as the leading edge of the disturbance passes that fell as virga for most, it might be helping to saturating us for the better deeper moisture to come this evening.

• Like 1

Yeah I understand that, but I wonder since we had that initial moisture as the leading edge of the disturbance passes that fell as virga for most, it might be helping to saturating us for the better deeper moisture to come this evening.

You are correct. I’m a little NE of Knoxville and it’s spitting snow. Temp has dropped off several degrees. I wonder if it changes things if most of this falls as snow?

Just met some co-workers for lunch. When we were leaving the temp was 41°. We lasted 3 minutes in the parking lot because add in the wind and dry air it literally felt like upper teens. I don't remember ever feeling that cold at 41°.

We somehow have a Special Weather statement out in our area for area mountains and "possibly" the valley areas.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Cumberland county just let kids out of school at 1:00 for incoming snow they said....At the moment just flurries , as it has been doing all morning
It makes sense, something we don't tend to think about with something as minor as an event like this, with it having been so cold previously with ground temps being right at or even below freezing even a minor amount of snow even less than an inch can make for treacherous roads where snow gets packed down onto the pavement by cars and refuses to go. Tonight and tomorrow will be even worse anything that sticks will be next to impossible to get rid of, salt doesn't work well once temps fall into the 20's let alone teens. Going to be some bad roads for sure later at least secondary roads.

• Like 1

Our little wave up in NW Kentucky looks a little more vigorous than I expected.

Yeah it's definitely more juicy than most NW flow events. I noticed new WWA issued southern Indiana think it has over performed in areas where they don't have the benefit of terrain enhancement.29a4c48b7f8ffe95e5be3073e0675f54.jpg

• Like 2

• Mr Bob pinned this topic
  • Mr Bob unpinned this topic