• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

14 minutes ago, CT Valley Dryslot said:

A majority of members are west of the mean.

Using this view to ensure all members are visible.

gfs-ememb_lowlocs_atl_24.png

Heh... none of those members are over land though ...that I can tell in that depiction there anyway-

That right there implies some kind of eccentrically intense lateral thermal gradient between Ocean modulated air...  A-priori, that typically aligns on from Marblehead to Cambridge to NE RI ...something like that.  36 F wet snow/cat-paw vacillation east, 22-27F within 2 or 4 miles W of the sharp boundary is white miasma

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Probably not, but the hook is always a worry on these southern streamers. But Tip is also right that there is a limit to this...the trough axis is pretty far east already when this starts rapidly gaining latitude.

I'm not worried. I average 65" for a reason....no way I end up totally porked again. Totally anecdotal, but just a hunch. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Heh... none of those members are over land though ...that I can tell in that depiction there anyway-

That right there implies some kind of eccentrically intense later thermal gradient between Ocean modulated air...  A-priori, that typically aligns on from Marblehead to Cambridge to NE RI ...something like that.  36 F wet snow/cat-paw vacillation east, 22-27F within 2 or 4 miles W of the sharp boundary is white miasma

Oh man, gonna get my coastal front naked twister this one. Phineas and WOR can have deformation. I don't need a jackpot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm not worried. I average 65" for a reason....no way I end up totally porked again. Totally anecdotal, but just a hunch. 

Pretty bold call at day 5, we salute you.

Im not nearly as confident in a snowy solution really anywhere right now, given how these have gone so far this year 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Oh man, gonna get my coastal front naked twister this one. Phineas and WOR can have deformation. I don't need a jackpot.

I want to be near the CF in this one because it’s going to be so defined. Someone will get obliterated just west of it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

GFS is too corse to resolve that...it may show it just east of ORH, but it will be too far west

yeah i don't recall ever having coastal front problems tbh...probably because if the winds were ever coming from the south, it's too far west anyway

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...
  • dendrite unpinned this topic