• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

Just now, TheSnowman said:

OK, guys, I'm in LA right now with gigs tomorrow tomorrow night and a private one on Saturday, so I need to start thinking.....

THE GRAND QUESTION......  

Do I Change My Trip and Come Home??  I just heard about this storm hours ago...  If I'm likely to get 18"+ I'll do it.  Less than 18 I'll have to miss it.   

I can probably just book a flight Friday night on SW now and cancel late since I don't lose the money.   BUT is getting in mid-day Friday too late?  

I don't wanna make your life decisions for you, but it seems like you have a decent shot at 18"+

16 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

My favorited AFD ever was the one from @wdrag on Sunday evening, March 4, 2001. Never forget reading that after I got home from my part time shift at MB

It gives me wood and Im not ashamed to say it  I had never seen a storm so eloquently described in meteorological terms and it worked out.  I do recall a huge cutoff in snow totals and people being pissed.  But ****ing hell it was huge!!  My ex wifes car was buried in 3 ft in the Andover T parking lot!  I was so happy to dig it out.  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, dmcginvt said:

It gives me wood and Im not ashamed to say it  I had never seen a storm so eloquently described in meteorological terms and it worked out.  I do recall a huge cutoff in snow totals and people being pissed.  But ****ing hell it was huge!!  My ex wifes car was buried in 3 ft in the Andover T parking lot!  I was so happy to dig it out.  

Well, it didn't totally work out...he described 10' drifts and a storm equal to or exceeding 1978, but phase was less proficient than expected.