• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I think the general theme is, jackpots be damned, most of SNE and CNE is happy with this storm.

Yea. The only caveat is this kind of potential doesn’t come around often, especially for this area…so you kinda want to capitalize on it. We’re not the Chiefs down here where we can shrug off a SB loss and go after the title next season. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Uncle with 955 passing east of the cape.  Verbatim noon to midnight party Saturday.  Big amount of qpf.  I don’t  see any taint but I don’t have h925 on sv

I can't see between 18Z and 0Z, but the total qpf for that 6 hrs is 1.25", and just 6" of snow, so somewhere in that time period there is some taint for our hoods.

25 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Oh shit, here comes "still a couple inches for the cape." Kiss of death. Maybe by 06z?

I dunno if it’s just me but it seems like models predict Southeast Coast snowstorms more often than they actually materialize.

and climatologically, the snowstorm is more likely to pound inland southern New England than the coast. 

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

It’s solution is pretty close to the EPS mean so it’s not like it’s an outlier. Definitely well within the realm is solutions. 

I was about to post, I won't be at all surprised if the euro looks like it.

The earlier GEM runs were BS, but that UK is doable.

2 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

I dunno if it’s just me but it seems like models predict Southeast Coast snowstorms more often than they actually materialize.

and climatologically, the snowstorm is more likely to pound inland southern New England than the coast. 

You aren't wrong. The models give SE Mass like 1,000 inches of snow a year.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It’s solution is pretty close to the EPS mean so it’s not like it’s an outlier. Definitely well within the realm is solutions. 

Don't tell me the UKMET people got to you too? They already convinced the US Army and USAF to use the UKMET products for their weather feeds. Insidious. How much are they paying you?

24 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Don't tell me the UKMET people got to you too? They already convinced the US Army and USAF to use the UKMET products for their weather feeds. Insidious. How much are they paying you?

They reprogrammed me. Now I’m talking to copying machines like Albert Pujols in that old sportcenter commercial. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4