Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

He (MU) is sounds like a weenie at heart so I bet he would gladly be wrong to get some snow.   Those 2m temps really need to do down for Wed to be anymore more than a mulch bomb.

I’ll be happy on Wednesday just to see several hours of snow that stick mainly to the grass & car tops.

1 minute ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

So is the severe outlook even going to be a thing today? One of my weather apps is saying about there being a potential for severe thunderstorms today now lol Actually nevermind I took a look and we're in Slight risk

day1otlk_1200.gif

Thanks for posting this - have to believe the biggest risk is winds, no?

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I just posted in the MId forum how Wed  could be a sneaky event for some  . Rates could get pretty decent and could overcome borderline surface temps .

I think the stakes were raised a bit when the Nam starting show a WSW level event (for the mulch at least) in Central VA.  Everything about it's depiction was a paste bomb.  No sleet in these totals.  Reposted this to show it in TT where it is even more impressive looking. 

image.thumb.png.a24746a86d70090eb1033f7e568dc388.png

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Record high low will be missed this time.   Colder Sunday Am and Monday evening take away both days. 

Yeah I saw that.  It looks like we'll just sneak below the max min record (48 from 1921) right before midnight tonight, could be close but the front should be deep enough by us at that point that temps should be dropping quick.  Looking at the five minute observations from MDT yesterday is pretty remarkable.  The temp rose 22 degrees between noon and 1pm (from 50 to 72), including one five minute period where it went up six degrees ha.  This aligns with what many of us witnessed yesterday.  I remember at one point seemingly blinking before checking my weather station to see it had gone up like ten degrees.  I thought something may have been wrong with it but nope, just one of those days where the airmass was in place and the temp was ready to pop upon clouds clearing out.  Good stuff.

9 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yeah I saw that.  It looks like we'll just sneak below the max min record (48 from 1921) right before midnight tonight, could be close but the front should be deep enough by us at that point that temps should be dropping quick.  Looking at the five minute observations from MDT yesterday is pretty remarkable.  The temp rose 22 degrees between noon and 1pm (from 50 to 72), including one five minute period where it went up six degrees ha.  This aligns with what many of us witnessed yesterday.  I remember at one point seemingly blinking before checking my weather station to see it had gone up like ten degrees.  I thought something may have been wrong with it but nope, just one of those days where the airmass was in place and the temp was ready to pop upon clouds clearing out.  Good stuff.

Yea, similar thing here.  at 5AM I looked and then again around 7:30 and I thought something was broken.    Like a damn that had burst.

I made my more definitive comment about today and the record after looking at the HRRR having MDT into the 30's at midnight.  If it ends up being as close as you are thinking then I better make my comment sound a little less certain.   Off to edit now. 

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, similar thing here.  at 5AM I looked and then again around 7:30 and I thought something was broken.    Like a damn that had burst.

I made my more definitive comment about today and the record after looking at the HRRR having MDT into the 30's at midnight.  If it ends up being as close as you are thinking then I better make my comment sound a little less certain.   Off to edit now. 

No I think you have the right of it.  I was just going off of the NWS hour-by-hour graphs that have MDT still at 49 at 11pm and then 46 at midnight, which would qualify as a close cut.  However, they're probably still playing catch-up with the models and I expect the cold front to sweep through a bit quicker than that, as they often do.

• Like 1