Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

76 here now...

The latest HRRR had you getting to the 74-75.    The one I am using for verification was 72-73.   It had a sharp cutoff for MDT just to your north using the soundings.  It was erroneous in doing that. It had me getting to 65.   We were never going to get much over 70 out west of the South Mountains.  Just curious if we get the rain it keeps say will start in an hour or two. 

1. Because the cold front will remain to our north tonight & not move through until late Mon. afternoon, we'll see a "repeat performance" of the near- to record-breaking warmth. In fact, it's a good bet that highs will be 1-3 degrees above today, w/an outside chance of hitting 80!

59m

Partial sunshine this afternoon has effectively routed out any remaining low-level pockets of chilly air, & temps are "off to the races!" Highs have reached the low-to-mid 70s after all, including at @millersvilleu where the old record of 72 from 1946 has been shattered!

Low this morning was 37.0.  Clouds were slow to break all morning with the temp only slowly rising up to the low 50s.  Then all of the sudden someone flipped the wind switch on and I had sustained teens gusting to 30.  Temp peaked at 75.2 a few hours ago when the sun was out the most.  Then the clouds returned to overcast and the temp began to slowly sink, now back down to 71.2.  Today also was a 38-degree diurnal.  Wild March swings for sure.

12 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Temp is STILL 72 here at 5:10pm. Funny about the firepit, my wife and I were just discussing firing it up this evening. 

We have never had one.   Had a fire ring in Florida but nothing up here so far.  It's a cheap Walmart thing.   I do have a KFC log to burn and make the neighborhood hungry. 

2021 KFC 11 Herbs and Spices Firelog by Enviro-Log - Walmart.com

• Like 1