Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

GFS holding stout with Snow TV tomorrow and Saturday.  The cold plunge coming Saturday night means business.  Also, lows in the mid 20's Thursday AM this week (LSV).

Edit, Sat is actually more than Snow TV.  Its an all all snow storm for Eastern PA.  

Love it WSW here we come.

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

GFS holding stout with Snow TV tomorrow and Saturday.  The cold plunge coming Saturday night means business.  Also, lows in the mid 20's Thursday AM this week (LSV).

Edit, Sat is actually more than Snow TV.  Its an all all snow storm for Eastern PA.  

This is a great cap to winter. My big March snowstorm is happening

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Saturday looks far more intriguing to me than tomorrow ever has. (and by that, I'm talking upside potential...we could easily see a minor, slushy accumulation tomorrow and nothing on Saturday, but Saturday's potential seems to merit some interest.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

An interesting quirk on the 12z GFS for tomorrow morning's event......even when the graphic panels are showing snow for my area (moderate to heavy at times), when you check the skew-T's for the same timestamps it lists likely precip type as rain.  Not sure what to make of that.

slushballs.....you make slushballs.

I will say that Saturday looks like what may be our last chance at something notable winterwise.  AO +2 and NAO +1 next week and beyond will put a pretty good sized fork in the winter, so let's hope we can enjoy some winter this weekend.

8 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

I will say that Saturday looks like what may be our last chance at something notable winterwise.  AO +2 and NAO +1 next week and beyond will put a pretty good sized fork in the winter, so let's hope we can enjoy some winter this weekend.

This could be our last chance on Saturday 

41 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

It really does feel like the last hurrah.  Fingers crossed.

25 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

It really does feel like the last hurrah.  Fingers crossed.

verbatim some ENS guidance says after this weekends trough lifts out....it's curtains as everything lifts north and we spring. 

After spending a day in the Bahamas (Cocoa Cay), I'm throwing up the flag and ready to end my quest for snow.  I've got plenty to do to keep busy and other ways to have fun while waiting for next fall to start all over again in my quest for snow....

• Like 1

I thought the 12Z Euro was slightly colder than 0Z and was close to a wet snow bomb for Lebanon/Schuylkill on north and west.  One thing going for it on that run was the slightly earlier onset of precip.  If we can get decent rates early in the morning that would really help.   Speaking about tonight/tomorrow.

19 minutes ago, GrandmasterB said:

I thought the 12Z Euro was slightly colder than 0Z and was close to a wet snow bomb for Lebanon/Schuylkill on north and west.  One thing going for it on that run was the slightly earlier onset of precip.  If we can get decent rates early in the morning that would really help.   Speaking about tonight/tomorrow.

Always good when you have to clarify which snow event you are speaking about...meaning there are multiple. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

For tomorrow, the HRRR continues the push North.  Little in the way of snow accums for non elevated areas of the southern half of the LSV.   Temp stays 35 and above almost the entire time.  Dips to 33-34 up Myra's way.  Even Williamsport just briefly touches freezing. 

I looked at the HRRR and it shows 5-6 hours of snow and 2" accumulation in my hood.  I didn't think it looked all that bad really.  I'd sign on that real quick.  I think we can punt road accumulations, but I'm not turning my nose up at 6 hours of moderate snow.

17 minutes ago, GrandmasterB said:

I looked at the HRRR and it shows 5-6 hours of snow and 2" accumulation in my hood.  I didn't think it looked all that bad really.  I'd sign on that real quick.  I think we can punt road accumulations, but I'm not turning my nose up at 6 hours of moderate snow.

It did not on the map I looked at.  A lot of 1" totals for low lying areas of Adams, Lancaster and York county....strange blow up of extra just south of Lancaster which may be what you are looking at.   Actually had a sizeable area of 1/2" north of Lancaster.   It had a strip of 2-3" in Cumberland country and North East from there.   But my comment was based on it staying 35 with the large areas of 1" or less.  Nothing close to what it was showing 24 hours ago. 

• Like 1