• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

Pavers/mulch almost solid white out back with side walks and street white out front.  Steady snow with fine flakes because the temperature is in the teens.  I've dropped to 18.7 degrees.  Very unlikely I'll drop below 18.0 but we'll see.  This is the first time in quite a few years since I've seen it snow with temps in the teens.

>> forgot to add that the dew point has risen to 14 degrees with the wet bulb hanging out around 17.4.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Fascinating event!      My feeling is I see no rain here.   Snow to some sort of mix to dry slot.     I could see a longer period of sleet possible.   

Boy I hope that verifies for you. 
I’m just hoping to see some snow survive this convoluted mess of a storm. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

Boy I hope that verifies for you. 
mom just hoping to see some survive this convoluted mess of a storm. 

I could see we get dry slotted and no precip and never see rain. then a hard freeze tomorrow night with a low of 25 in my area.

Just now, Ruin said:

I could see we get dry slotted and no precip and never see rain. then a hard freeze tomorrow night with a low of 25 in my area.

Can only hope. Been outta the loop for the weekend. Sounds like I didn’t miss much in model watching. At least more pops coming up. 

4 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

This is rapidly falling apart out our way. PIT just drastically cut totals, introduced mixing issues into the forecast, and latest short range models are showing major boundary layer issues.

all the way in Pit wow crazy

6 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

This is rapidly falling apart out our way. PIT just drastically cut totals, introduced mixing issues into the forecast, and latest short range models are showing major boundary layer issues.

Where did they do that? I don't see any mention in their latest update other than that any mixed precip becomes all snow after 8pm.

Edit: they just said that they slightly reduced totals east and southeast of the city. 

4 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

Most of the 850 advection is coming from the S/E so maybe wait it out and see if things are better than what the HRRR is showing.   Low in Western VA still the "primary". 

image.thumb.png.b722c350031f4a738a21298a6472a81c.pngimage.thumb.png.daa7ca56640e38a1f79fe65433c1b0e3.png

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Where did they do that? I don't see any mention in their latest update other than that any mixed precip becomes all snow after 8pm.

Edit: they just said that they slightly reduced totals east and southeast of the city. 

If you look at their forecast map they drastically reduced totals on it. Had PIT at 11 inches earlier today and now they are showing 8.

I'm guessing we end up with major P type issues and waste the best track we've had in years.

Snow has increased to moderate and the flake size has increased marginally.  Temp has now dropped to 17.8, dp still 15, wet bulb still 17.2.  With the humidity now up to 88% there isn't much more room left to drop (i think...lol).

>>getting closer to the wet bulb with the temp now 17.6.  There's only 0.4 degrees left to drop.

• Like 2