Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

29 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Not doubting you, but what keeps the temp from dropping? It's clear out, and as far as I can tell, no WAA. Tomorrow's high is supposed to be equal to today's 40 I had.

Oh, I am not making a forecast just commenting that you are already below the HRRR predict.    With that said, it keeps your temps within 3 degrees of the current temps all night. 

23 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

18 was the low up to 20 now. Yesterday the frost stayed on all the shaded areas all day, never melted.

It was surprisingly mild in York yesterday mid-afternoon. Bright sunshine and no wind. Actual temp where I was was probably low to mid 40s, but it felt warmer.

It’s about 23 here now. Weather Underground says the overnight low was 21.

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We only made it to 27.  And it was 44 here yesterday afternoon.  Big differences. 

I think it made it to 38 here I forgot to look and the weatherstation will reset after midnight. Like a difference of night and day. Like I sad before I can't wait for the higher sun angle. I miss those long warm, hot days. Now I have limited low angle sun and cold nights and if there would be snow on the ground, cold days also.

3 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

I think it made it to 38 here I forgot to look and the weatherstation will reset after midnight. Like a difference of night and day. Like I sad before I can't wait for the higher sun angle. I miss those long warm, hot days. Now I have limited low angle sun and cold nights and if there would be snow on the ground, cold days also.

Like streak, it was downright nice here yesterday.  Sun and little wind.  Felt good coming off the chilly Sunday.  The sun makes all the difference between you and me, I guess 

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

Maybe it’s like the Space Race in the ‘60s. They had to beat the Euro to be the first global to produce 4 runs a day. And, like landing on the moon, it really doesn’t change much in practical terms.

Well if that is the case, we just extend the HRRR.   HRRRX to 384.  Something for everyone at the hour, on the hour. 

• Haha 1