Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I was going to bring that up - I haven't gotten into model review much this season yet but I did parse the overnight Euro. I thought it was a pretty ugly run. But, it was one run of an OP.

Training is parsing.  We are getting into real winter now.    The Euro at least had some pity snow for the LSV.  GFS was snowless and torch. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Has HIA gotten below freezing yet this season?

:) 

Was actually looking at some stats yesterday on this (for PIT), and just did the same for MDT. Looks like MDT dropped to 22 today, the lowest of the season to date and quite possibly the lowest it’ll see before the new year. In MDT/Harrisburg’s history, this has happened 6 other times:

2015 (low of 25 through 12/31), 1923 (24), 1984 and 1918 (23), and 2012 and 1931 (22).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Training is parsing.  We are getting into real winter now.    The Euro at least had some pity snow for the LSV.  GFS was snowless and torch. 

It was time. Admittedly, I myself had not looked at one model since last winter. No need to...expert analysis was already being provided. 

3 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Was actually looking at some stats yesterday on this (for PIT), and just did the same for MDT. Looks like MDT dropped to 22 today, the lowest of the season to date and quite possibly the lowest it’ll see before the new year. In MDT/Harrisburg’s history, this has happened 6 other times:

2015 (low of 25 through 12/31), 1923 (24), 1984 and 1918 (23), and 2012 and 1931 (22).

Good info. I live for numbers. Always have. I remember the weirdest things when it come to numbers...I can honestly recall the paid attendance at my first Phillies game (hadn't had an opportunity to see a real team (Orioles) at that point) back in 1972. Numbers, numbers, numbers...I've always loved playing with numbers. 

I'm sick that way. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It was time. Admittedly, I myself had not looked at one model since last winter. No need to...expert analysis was already being provided. 

Good info. I live for numbers. Always have. I remember the weirdest things when it come to numbers...I can honestly recall the paid attendance at my first Phillies game (hadn't had an opportunity to see a real team (Orioles) at that point) back in 1972. Numbers, numbers, numbers...I've always loved playing with numbers. 

I'm sick that way. 

That's some great self control. I tell myself I am not going to look...and then wake up the next morning and my weenie heart says, "Check the models!" It's an addiction, I say....

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

That's some great self control. I tell myself I am not going to look...and then wake up the next morning and my weenie heart says, "Check the models!" It's an addiction, I say....

Yes, and that's precisely why I haven't. It wasn't healthy for me or my marriage to be up in the middle of the night analyzing. I get everything that I need right here. 

But the itch doesn't go away...

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Sometimes one wants to find something to make the board happy or, if ugly, something to moan about.  its a tug of war internally. 

13 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yes, and that's precisely why I haven't. It wasn't healthy for me or my marriage to be up in the middle of the night analyzing. I get everything that I need right here. 

But the itch doesn't go away...

Yeah, excellent point. I have had to put my phone down when my wife makes a comment like, "What are you typing about so emphatically? Are you on your 'weather board' again?" That's a good cue she wants my attention.

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Sometimes one wants to find something to make the board happy or, if ugly, something to moan about.  its a tug of war internally. 

For sure! Be the deliverer of good news or hope for others to join along in the misery of a crap pattern. Guilty of both...

This is good accountability. Lol

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Man, that is so very true. Between wanting to be the first to break the news, and the dynamic of intentionally posting things to stir the kettle...we've all probably been guilty of that from time to time. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Tryout time. Steelers are going to be in the market for a new punter (again) in the offseason. Swing that leg and drive through the ball...you got this! 

After hearing about Harvin’s dad being terminally ill and near death, I’m inclined to give the kid the benefit of the doubt. Not that the fans knew, but that booing looks really ugly now.

Just now, TimB84 said:

After hearing about Harvin’s dad being terminally ill and near death, I’m inclined to give the kid the benefit of the doubt. Not that the fans knew, but that booing looks really ugly now.

I missed that. :( That's horrible. And agree about the booing. 

For the record, for all the games that I attend in person, and I attend about 60 professional games a year, I do not boo. I haven't in years. I just don't. 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I missed that. :( That's horrible. And agree about the booing. 

For the record, for all the games that I attend in person, and I attend about 60 professional games a year, I do not boo. I haven't in years. I just don't. 

Yeah, the Steelers made sure his dad got to see him play, possibly for the last time, and he got to see his son get booed. I’ve been guilty of it at sporting events in the past (mostly directed toward refs), but I’ll think twice before ever doing it again.

Time will tell if Pressley Harvin is an NFL caliber punter, but you just never know what someone is going through as a human being.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Man, that is so very true. Between wanting to be the first to break the news, and the dynamic of intentionally posting things to stir the kettle...we've all probably been guilty of that from time to time. 

lets just say the kettle is "crushin it"

:thumbsdown:

is what it is, and yeah, its hard to polish a turd.

19 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Yeah, the Steelers made sure his dad got to see him play, possibly for the last time, and he got to see his son get booed. I’ve been guilty of it at sporting events in the past (mostly directed toward refs), but I’ll think twice before ever doing it again.

Time will tell if Pressley Harvin is an NFL caliber punter, but you just never know what someone is going through as a human being.

wow...that first sentence.  

People officially suck.