joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

10 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

@MAG5035

Any chance of severe in CTP today?

The biggest severe threat is likely to be the gusty winds with the frontal passage and associated narrow band of heavy rain/thunder that is currently just west of Pittsburgh. SPC only has a marginal threat in western PA and SE PA. A lot of central PA east of the Alleghenies with the exception of the southern tier LSV has remained stable and cool air dammed all day. SPC does have a 2% tornado threat in SE PA.. which is probably the best area to advect in warmer, humid air and tap what will probably be really meager (if any) CAPE to go with the increased shearing  near the frontal passage. Something to watch maybe York/Lancaster. Otherwise, I’m not super concerned other than just the general high winds we’re going to see late today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Wow, fascinating to know. 66 here with winds blowing at least 15 mph with gusts much higher. And this is a precursor to the wind event. 

We got to 68 but retreated a bit now.  Mid and low level clouds all day.  Not one bit of sun. If it had been sunny we would have challenged 80 today. 

Speaking of travel, has anyone gone to CVS or other location and taken one of the fast Covid tests?  I would ask in the Covid thread but prefer a local response to how it has gone around here vs. big city stories.  Do you usually get results back within a couple hours?   I may be around some non vaxxed people next Saturday.