Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter 2022

George BM

2 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

if you could live in any neighborhood in the DMV, where would you live?

Where we're at right now, I guess. I lived near Dupont Circle for years when I was single, did a brief stint in Bethesda area, then hopscotched around Arlington/Alexandria with roommates before getting married, then settled into current location in far SE corner of FfxCo in early 2000s.

But truth be told...tired of the pace of the DMV. And I want to be warmer year-round. So we're working that decision right now.

Just now, stormtracker said:

Where I am currently.  I mean Palisades tho...

my issue with Palisades is lack of transit tho.  I'd probably pick Kalorama Triangle as 1, and where you live as 2 (Cleveland Park).  We are also considering schools - I mean Eaton just got a $60M upgrade.

Just now, pazzo83 said:

my issue with Palisades is lack of transit tho.  I'd probably pick Kalorama Triangle as 1, and where you live as 2 (Cleveland Park).  We are also considering schools - I mean Eaton just got a $60M upgrade.

If I live in the Palisades, transit is the least of my worries.  I'll just have a driver take me everywhere.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Where we're at right now, I guess. I lived near Dupont Circle for years when I was single, did a brief stint in Bethesda area, then hopscotched around Arlington/Alexandria with roommates before getting married, then settled into current location in far SE corner of FfxCo in early 2000s.

But truth be told...tired of the pace of the DMV. And I want to be warmer year-round. So we're working that decision right now.

i've basically lived in city centers since about 2006 (DC, Philly, Caracas, NYC, DC) - I don't know if I could survive in the burbs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

If I live in the Palisades, transit is the least of my worries.  I'll just have a driver take me everywhere.  

i just don't want a life where I have to put my kids in the car to go everywhere.  I mean where we live right now is perfect in that regard but we are running out of space, especially since our younger one will probably be walking within a couple of months.

Just now, pazzo83 said:

i've basically lived in city centers since about 2006 (DC, Philly, Caracas, NYC, DC) - I don't know if I could survive in the burbs.

Totally get that -- and I'll admit, my time living in the District was fun. And convenient in so many ways, especially cuz I worked downtown for 15 years. Didn't live in downtown Philly or NYC, but spent a lot of time at friends' places who did when I was in my 20s. Enjoyed all of that....but once hitched, we didn't want to raise the kiddos in the city. At this point in life, I'm just getting tired of the metro area(s), period....grew up in northecentral PA, and you can take the boy out of the mountains, but you can't take the...well, you know.  ;) 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

if you could live in any neighborhood in the DMV, where would you live?

Honestly, we really like the neighborhood we moved into over the spring '21 - Beverley Hills in the North Ridge area of Alexandria.  Super convenient to 395/DC (and Del Ray & Old Town) but still very quiet with homes that were built in the 1930s with lots of character, curb appeal, and a great "neighborhood feel".  Probably wouldn't want to live anywhere else in this area.  

At some point, we'll likely move but not sure where - maybe the lakes region in NH or TN or SC - somewhere in the east.  I still have like 25 years until I retire so a long way to go lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Now with this, you need to rank only the fruits shown.  Yes, I'm sure you have favorites outside of this list, but for now, just use the list.  Scores range from 1 - you're a savage. 10- you are enlightened.  

Pineapple, Apple, Orange, Cherry, Plum, Peach, Pear, Cantaloupe, Blueberry 

1: Plum

2-8: Cherry, Blueberry, Cantaloupe, Orange, Pineapple, Peach, Apple

9: Pear

8 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

Our friends lived there for years but eventually moved out to Fairfax County for more room - that was the one issue they talked about too...the lack of transit.  Although they moved out to the suburbs so there's that ha.

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Honestly, we really like the neighborhood we moved into over the spring '21 - Beverley Hills in the North Ridge area of Alexandria.  Super convenient to 395/DC (and Del Ray & Old Town) but still very quiet with homes that were built in the 1930s with lots of character, curb appeal, and a great "neighborhood feel".  Probably wouldn't want to live anywhere else in this area.  

At some point, we'll likely move but not sure where - maybe the lakes region in NH or TN or SC - somewhere in the east.  I still have like 25 years until I retire so a long way to go lol

Love Del Ray neighborhood....lot of cool homes there. Beautiful homes in Old Town, too, of course....but I can barely take driving/visiting there anymore, let alone the thought of living there full-time. Dealing with parking in Old Town for a simple restaurant visit is a sure way for me to break out into hives and channel the "Anger" character from Pixar's Inside Out movie....

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Now with this, you need to rank only the fruits shown.  Yes, I'm sure you have favorites outside of this list, but for now, just use the list.  Scores range from 1 - you're a savage. 10- you are enlightened.  

Peach, pineapple, pear, plum, blueberry, orange, apple, cherry, cantaloupe.

2 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Love Del Ray neighborhood....lot of cool homes there. Beautiful homes in Old Town, too, of course....but I can barely take driving/visiting there anymore, let alone the thought of living there full-time. Dealing with parking in Old Town for a simple restaurant visit is a sure way for me to break out into hives and channel the "Anger" character from Pixar's Inside Out movie....

Same thoughts on Old Town.  I love the charm / history of it but unless we had offstreet parking, I'd go out of my mind trying to park there every.  single.  day. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Blueberry, Cantaloupe, Plum, Cherry, Apple, Orange, Peach, Pear, Pineapple

30 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Pear, Cantaloupe, Plum, Peach, Cherry, Blueberry, Apple, Orange, Pineapple.

But mango is the t**s

39 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Orange, Blueberries, Peach, Apple, Pineapple, Pear, Plum, Cherry and Cantaloupe

25 minutes ago, mappy said:

Blueberry, Cantaloupe, Plum, Cherry, Apple, Orange, Peach, Pear, Pineapple

12 minutes ago, H2O said:

Pear, Cantaloupe, Plum, Peach, Cherry, Blueberry, Apple, Orange, Pineapple.

But mango is the t**s

9 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Pineapple, Peach, Orange, Blueberry, Pear, Plum, Cantaloupe, Apple,  Cherry

Apples and cherries make my throat and ears itch.

6 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

apple

5 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

Orange, Blueberries, Peach, Apple, Pineapple, Pear, Plum, Cherry and Cantaloupe

• mappy unpinned this topic