Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2022

George BM

1 minute ago, H2O said:

But he is a lawyer. He shouldn’t be trusted. 

Then again he’s a lawyer and knows booze

He’s correct though. Bourbon is whiskey, but with more grain and in new aged barrels. Whiskey is less grain and any barrel can be used regardless if it was used with another spirit. 

Just now, stormtracker said:

8.0. The Gin hate makes me seethe. 

That’s fair. I’m a bourbon/whiskey gal, and sloppy vodka drunk 

1 minute ago, mappy said:

He’s correct though. Bourbon is whiskey, but with more grain and in new aged barrels. Whiskey is less grain and any barrel can be used regardless if it was used with another spirit. 

That’s fair. I’m a bourbon/whiskey gal, and sloppy vodka drunk 

My new jam is moonshiners on discovery. They do a master distiller show and I’ve learned so much from Tickle and Jim Tom

1 minute ago, H2O said:

My new jam is moonshiners on discovery. They do a master distiller show and I’ve learned so much from Tickle and Jim Tom

lol those names

1 minute ago, wxtrix said:

right? that's why i refused his artificial separation

Same.

11 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

i'll take it.  i had a REALLY bad experience with tequila once back in 2009.  A bar in NE Philly (Fishtown) had a special where it was a shot of jose cuervo (yes i know that is sh*t) and a tecate beer for $5.  Let's just say I woke up in West Philly.

I can't stand the taste or smell of tequila since then.

Just now, pazzo83 said:

i'll take it.  i had a REALLY bad experience with tequila once back in 2009.  A bar in NE Philly (Fishtown) had a special where it was a shot of jose cuervo (yes i know that is sh*t) and a tecate beer for $5.  Let's just say I woke up in West Philly.

I can't stand the taste or smell of tequila since then.

So here's the funny thing about me and tequila.  I used to hate it.  I would have rather drink piss from a public urinal than tequila.  But then I started going to Mexico a lot (cheap, airline miles, etc) and I had some really good margaritas and it masked the tequila.   Then I started doing Tequila shots.  I slowly got adjusted.  It still isn't my favorite and probably ranks next to last, but I can actually drink it now, although it still tastes and smells like sawdust and pinesol. 

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

So here's the funny thing about me and tequila.  I used to hate it.  I would have rather drink piss from a public urinal than tequila.  But then I started going to Mexico a lot (cheap, airline miles, etc) and I had some really good margaritas and it masked the tequila.   Then I started doing Tequila shots.  I slowly got adjusted.  It still isn't my favorite and probably ranks next to last, but I can actually drink it now, although it still tastes and smells like sawdust and pinesol. 

yeah - i think i need to actually taste **good** tequila.  But i'm not ready yet lol.  I will drink a margarita - if the taste is well-masked, I can deal with it.

I just got a tasting set of four different Japanese whiskeys - just goddamn incredible.

• mappy unpinned this topic