Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

3 minutes ago, leo2000 said:

Not in my latitude. I guess Climate Change is responsible for this. My mother told me 2014-2015 winter was like the winters she had when she was growing up. 

so had to look what you average but according wiki  you get 1.58 inches of rain in January and 27 inches of snow  record high is 62 

4 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

so had to look what you average but according wiki  you get 1.58 inches of rain in January and 27 inches of snow  record high is 62 

Yeah i'm not sure what that kid is talking about. I've lived here my whole life (48yrs) and it most certainly has rained in January... multiple times.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Which is why I won't burst into flames if Monday sucks here.

Whats funny is the huge cutter in Jan 2015 that caused many to throw in the towel happened on 1/18...a day after this storm will happen...and an almost identical pattern was being shown for the final 2 weeks of that month that the EPS are now showing. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Whats funny is the huge cutter in Jan 2015 that caused many to throw in the towel happened on 1/18...a day after this storm will happen...and an almost identical pattern was being shown for the final 2 weeks of that month that the EPS are now showing. :lol:

and we just told people to stop comparing to 2015 lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I remember that. I was teetering.

Just now, JC-CT said:

and we just told people to stop comparing to 2015 lol

Yeah well the reasons are obvious we don't want people to compare anything to 2015. They will just think it means we're gonna get tons of snow again like that year.

But the pattern is remarkably similar going into late January this year. Hopefully we can at least get a pretty snowy period....we don;t expect 90-100 inches in 3 weeks, but even a third of that would be pretty awesome.

• Like 4

Trough is def hanging back west of the 12z run through 24 hours. Doesn't mean it will end up better at the surface, but that's a general trend you want if there's any hope of getting this another 50-75 miles west....you want the trough to not be as progressive.

• Like 1