• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/ DE Winter 2021-22 OBS Thread

JTA66

With most folks fixated on the upcoming weekend system, I haven't seen much talk on how the GEFS and GEPS are kicking the can on the pattern flip. Neither family has a -PNA thru their runs anymore and actually have a very nice Western ridge way up into the EPO region..  and it sticks. With that said, chances will continue as long as we keep that cold air source coming out of Siberia. Starting to gradually see shorter wavelengths between systems on guidance so even if things relax, we can cash in. Keep throwing chances our way with the cold....eventually one will hit.

• Weenie 1

18 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

With most folks fixated on the upcoming weekend system, I haven't seen much talk on how the GEFS and GEPS are kicking the can on the pattern flip. Neither family has a -PNA thru their runs anymore and actually have a very nice Western ridge way up into the EPO region..  and it sticks. With that said, chances will continue as long as we keep that cold air source coming out of Siberia. Starting to gradually see shorter wavelengths between systems on guidance so even if things relax, we can cash in. Keep throwing chances our way with the cold....eventually one will hit.

There you are... Figured you were cookin' up quite a storm at work today. :P

You can't discount the NAO trend though...  and meanwhile, the 18Z GFS looks like it sped up and but continues the precip scrape trend (although it's just the 18z).  And as a quick obs, I did make it up to 28 today with a low of 19 and it's currently 24 with dp 7.

nao.mrf-01262022.gif

floop-gfs-2022012618.prateptype_cat.conus-18z-jan29-31-storm-02262022.gif

floop-gfs-2022012618.sn10_acc.us_ma-18z-jan29-31-storm-snow-01262022.gif

Man, it was COLD working outside today. Not the coldest day out for sure, but still. Tomorrow should be a bit better.

Currently 16°F with zero breeze; this is proper winter cold for this time of year and I love it. Now all we need is a nice, little snow event to round things off. Still 48 hours-ish to go on this one, maybe it'll tick west enough to at least freshen up the yard, which still has roughly 75% coverage (my front yard is in shadow nearly all day).

• Weenie 1

Just now, wasnow215 said:

I get it. But EURO and NAM solid now. 

They haven't been completely consistent but the GFS has, that's my two cents. I think it's reasonable to expect/root for a 3-6" for alot of folks on here though but sometimes that's not enough when it was looking like it could of been way more, I dunno. Curious about the 0z GFS though makes it interesting

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1