• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York-Into Winter!

13 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Where's delta? Looks like he is goin to get into heavy snow again. 

I was up late and slept in a bit. It’s a winter wonderland!  This is really pretty amazing. If you asked me yesterday at this time how much snow I’d have today at this time I would have told you a dusting to a half inch, if that.  From my window, I’m estimating just under 8 inches on the ground and snowing moderately right now!  This is truly an impressive surprise event. 
FEAA37D0-EDFE-4026-B443-BE2AB161B8AE.thumb.jpeg.caf443116ffbc51caafdbb3e19224b02.jpeg

B8865D20-0DE8-4FFE-8BFE-315A8F386934.thumb.jpeg.11ee1314f0fb957da6502234005d5c57.jpeg

• Like 7

Just now, tim123 said:

Delta gotta be one of the bigger lake events for you in awhile? You might get to double digits?

Absolutely, and pure lake effect at that. High ratios certainly juiced our numbers but I’m so happy right now haha.  A Christmas miracle. I need to shovel a lot of this into a good pile to see how long I can make it last. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Lol when I’m driving through it I can lol. I want no part of 2”/hr snow rates on i81

See, this is the type of vitriol we need moderators for!  Haha. But I guess not everyone is nuts like me.  Driving in treacherous snow is one my favorite things in the world. It can’t snow hard enough. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I see the latest model runs have the 'heaviest" snow for tonight missing to the south over the same area that has gotten it the past couple years. My call of a quarter to half inch here is looking good. 

Yeah December's dead to me haha This will probably be the worst of them all snow wise..Of course GFS had to be right with that Christmas rainstorm too lol

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Yeah December's dead to me haha This will probably be the worst of them all snow wise..Of course GFS had to be right with that Christmas rainstorm too lol

My forecast for here, if there's any doubt in what's going to happen, will always hedge towards the following:

1) Sizzle

2) Rain

3) Dusting

Guaranteed to be pretty accurate until we see an entire atmospheric shakeup.

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Syracuse is up to 9.5 for the winter

How does that rank for December?

By the end of next week, our snowfall average total should be up to around 40 inches.

So we are at about 25% of where we should be....pretty much the same as last year.

I know you will say that is still better than what you have...but it's still ridiculously awful for those like me who thought living here would provide a more solid winter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

By the end of next week, our snowfall average total should be up to 36 to 40 inches.

So we are at about 25% of where we should be....pretty much the same as last year.

I know you will say that is still better than what you have...but it's still ridiculously awful for those like me who thought living here would provide a more solid winter.

I get it

I was just looking at stats for many areas to date and alot of the northeast is below normal at this point.

1 hour ago, DeltaT13 said:

I was up late and slept in a bit. It’s a winter wonderland!  This is really pretty amazing. If you asked me yesterday at this time how much snow I’d have today at this time I would have told you a dusting to a half inch, if that.  From my window, I’m estimating just under 8 inches on the ground and snowing moderately right now!  This is truly an impressive surprise event. 
FEAA37D0-EDFE-4026-B443-BE2AB161B8AE.thumb.jpeg.caf443116ffbc51caafdbb3e19224b02.jpeg

B8865D20-0DE8-4FFE-8BFE-315A8F386934.thumb.jpeg.11ee1314f0fb957da6502234005d5c57.jpeg

Get that snow blower fired up yet?

9 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

I get it

I was just looking at stats for many areas to date and alot of the northeast is below normal at this point.

I can imagine. It will obviously be a bigger deficit around here since we rely on the lake effect for our totals. No cold air accompanied with moisture moving over those lakes equates to zippo for us.

In these patterns, it stings when places a few miles away get a half foot from a thin lake effect band because you know the chances are extremely slim of having another setup anytime soon.

It's hard to explain...but it might be easier as a winter lover to live outside of a lake effect snow belt. It's easier to tolerate nobody within hundreds of miles having snow than somebody down the road having a foot while you stare at grass for weeks. It's just a strange situation. Thanks for reading my musings. :)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I can imagine. It will obviously be a bigger deficit around here since we rely on the lake effect for our totals. No cold air accompanied with moisture moving over those lakes equates to zippo for us.

In these patterns, it stings when places a few miles away get a half foot from a thin lake effect band because you know the chances are extremely slim of having another setup anytime soon.

It's hard to explain...but it might be easier as a winter lover to live outside of a lake effect snow belt. It's easier to tolerate nobody within hundreds of miles having snow than somebody down the road having a foot while you stare at grass for weeks. It's just a strange situation. Thanks for reading my musings. :)

I'm use to looking at concrete for weeks during winter :(

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DeltaT13 said:

Congrats andrew! The best events are the ones that are unsuspected. Happy holidays! :snowwindow:

• Like 2