• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Discussion Thread: Bring the frost; kill the bugs.

moneypitmike

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It will rain, but annoying to have a pedestrian event ruin the day. May as well get 5"+ to make it worthy. Just not sure that is here...maybe S coast?

I think Everyone about ORH south he’s in that 3-7” range. That’s wild . Especially considering water tables are at ground level and most of it falls in 6-8 hours 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I think Everyone about ORH south he’s in that 3-7” range. That’s wild . Especially considering water tables are at ground level and most of it falls in 6-8 hours 

yeah someone will see some quick flash flooding for sure with this...the question is exactly where.  Perhaps closer to the stalled front which would be the south coast?

Modest flooding on main streams rivers and perhaps low end-moderate on intermediate tributaries ... So I guess the bottom third of Little League green oil drum garbage can under water either by a field puddle or the near-by brook over its banks.

next -

Just now, Great Snow 1717 said:

...and the people who are hoping for a cat 2/3 are out of their minds

You know the deal…they’re just hoping for exciting weather…nothing more.  Cat 3 up here is a once in 2 lifetimes storm. Last one was 1938, hasn’t been one since.  I wouldn’t be too worried. 

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Really??  Hmm Never knew that.  Interesting. Obviously long before both our times. I just thought it was ‘38.  Thanks for that tid bit. 

1938 is the benchmark hurricane for the region, but Carol was big time. Catastrophic surge and damage in SE CT and RI.

28 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Modest flooding on main streams rivers and perhaps low end-moderate on intermediate tributaries ... So I guess the bottom third of Little League green oil drum garbage can under water either by a field puddle or the near-by brook over its banks.

next -

Guess you missed what happened in July down here from 5 inches of rain in Ashford Eastford

7 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

1938 is the benchmark hurricane for the region, but Carol was big time. Catastrophic surge and damage in SE CT and RI.

Carol was smaller than '38 too...it was more tropical and had an intact eyewall at landfall whereas the '38 storm was going extratropical with baroclinic assist....which why the worst winds in 1938 were over eastern MA/E CT/RI even though the center actually tracked over western CT and western MA near the NY border.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Really??  Hmm Never knew that.  Interesting. Obviously long before both our times. I just thought it was ‘38.  Thanks for that tid bit. 

1,545 houses were destroyed and another 9,720 were damaged. Approximately 3,500 cars and 3,000 boats were destroyed. There were 65 deaths and 1,000 injuries in New England. T

• Thanks 1