Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe Weather Thread - New England

TalcottWx

Just now, Rowdy2x said:

I don't know. Signature on radar and a wall cloud spotted from Broadbrook would suggest it's possible something came down.

In nws chat yesterday Ryan brought it up. One of the other nws employees seemed to agree it looked like lobe contamination. I dont doubt the wind, I doubt whether it was spinning or a micro/straight line.

We've also mixed out dews some which is hurting the building of MLCAPE. Actually looks like there is a pocket of some lower dewpoint air in the llvls but looks like we do increase slightly later this afternoon. Also appears that there is a very diffuse boundary very near the CT/MA border. Maybe we do see two rounds of action today...one in a very small corridor from MA Pike to CT/MA border and then a second round later moving SW to NE across CT. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

We've also mixed out dews some which is hurting the building of MLCAPE. Actually looks like there is a pocket of some lower dewpoint air in the llvls but looks like we do increase slightly later this afternoon. Also appears that there is a very diffuse boundary very near the CT/MA border. Maybe we do see two rounds of action today...one in a very small corridor from MA Pike to CT/MA border and then a second round later moving SW to NE across CT. 

Any chance these maintain themselves or become elevated for the overnight Wiz?

The difference between the GFS/NAM tomorrow in some of these Northeast locations is insane...typically the NAM tends to overdo the clouds but the NAM is HOT in the warm sector...also noting it does have NBM support. Anyways...if the NAM is correct tomorrow with alot of its output there is going to be a quite a bit of severe weather with at least a few tornadoes tomorrow. Does this extend much into SNE...I'm not sure but I definitely would watch into SW CT. 

• Weenie 1

91/73 here with unadulterated sun all morning and afternoon, and now we trigger down the Mohawk ( near/W of ALB ) ...?

But convection is fickle...yesterday did just fine - although the total kinematic profile may have been different. 

I like mid lvl lapse rates in my candy but...SPC does mention positive shear values; sometimes we can swap out ingredients and come up with the same cake

• Like 2

High probability of severe wind in the new watch

Tornadoes

Probability of 2 or more tornadoes

Low (10%)

Probability of 1 or more strong (EF2-EF5) tornadoes

Low (5%)

Wind

Probability of 10 or more severe wind events

High (70%)

Probability of 1 or more wind events > 65 knots

Low (10%)