• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe Weather Thread - New England

TalcottWx

Pretty nice directional wind shear tomorrow...to bad llvl shear is a little meh. WHY CAN'T WE KEEP THIS STRONGER LLVL SHEAR TOMORROW WHEN WE HAVE A BIT BETTER MLVL SHEAR??????

Window looks to be like 5-10 PM...could even see some stuff persist later. Biggest key will be how much instability we prime. If similar to today...we may sneak a TOR in. I'll be dreaming of rotating wall clouds 

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Pretty nice directional wind shear tomorrow...to bad llvl shear is a little meh. WHY CAN'T WE KEEP THIS STRONGER LLVL SHEAR TOMORROW WHEN WE HAVE A BIT BETTER MLVL SHEAR??????

Window looks to be like 5-10 PM...could even see some stuff persist later. Biggest key will be how much instability we prime. If similar to today...we may sneak a TOR in. I'll be dreaming of rotating wall clouds 

Meh 

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Shear good to the north tomorrow. WF nearby. Maybe night time sizzle tomorrow night. 

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

we're going to meh our way to big stuff!

The psychological differences between growing up on the south shore and CT are apparent here

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

31 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I am not able to. I am not friends with the person so it won't let me. My friend found it on an Enfield, CT form 

Wondering if this is the post you were referencing... Snapshot below with link included to the video.

https://www.facebook.com/100001468934097/posts/4265266106865645/

Looks like a wall cloud for sure. It would line up with that area of rotation that passed through the east side of Windsor earlier. 

Screenshot_20210706-193100_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rowdy2x said:

Wondering if this is the post you were referencing... Snapshot below with link included to the video.

https://www.facebook.com/100001468934097/posts/4265266106865645/

Looks like a wall cloud for sure. It would line up with that area of rotation that passed through the east side of Windsor earlier. 

Screenshot_20210706-193100_Chrome.jpg

That is it!!

31 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

whats up with it only being a marginal risk?

5 minutes ago, Henry's Weather said:

whats up with it only being a marginal risk?

not sure. 

I would wager though they upgrade at least part of the risk area to a Slight. The strongest winds at 500 are north of the front but the southern edge of 35-40 knots may straddle the CT/MA border. How much destabilization tomorrow will be huge so we'll see how that looks in the AM.

9 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

not sure. 

I would wager though they upgrade at least part of the risk area to a Slight. The strongest winds at 500 are north of the front but the southern edge of 35-40 knots may straddle the CT/MA border. How much destabilization tomorrow will be huge so we'll see how that looks in the AM.

I think tomorrow sees many towns getting storms, but not a lot of severe . And there could be a nocturnal event at night and another round Thursday I-90 and south 

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I think tomorrow sees many towns getting storms, but not a lot of severe . And there could be a nocturnal event at night and another round Thursday I-90 and south 

Yeah looks like we could see more Thursday. Going to be another impressive week of rainfall totals for many

• TalcottWx changed the title to Severe Weather Thread - New England
  • ORH_wxman unpinned this topic
  • dendrite pinned this topic