Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July 2021 Observations

yotaman

32 minutes ago, Awesomesauce81 said:

Yeah I was working at the Port when the storms came. With lightning being so close we had to stop working for about an hour.

Greetings, it is "awesome" to see a fellow SAV area poster as there aren't many of us on the various boards!

In my area further south than you, there was a good soaking from the warned storm giving us nearly 1". That gets my total MTD to nearly 8", which is way higher than normal thanks largely to Elsa. KSAV, itself, has had much less at just over 4" MTD including today. But even that is slightly wetter than normal.

There was nothing severe nor any closeby CTG lightning from today's storm at my location. 

• Like 1

At GSO airport the total for the month has risen to 5.19", with 2.96" coming over the past three days. 

This puts us ahead of average by about 4" on the year, well on our way to yet another wetter than normal year. At this time in 2018 (the year of the all time rainfall record), Greensboro was actually slightly below normal rainfall.

Another beneficial thunderstorm here early this afternoon with nice rains of at least 1/4". Near 8" for the MTD. We've got a decent shot at a 10"+ month here! We don't see those all that often unless there's a TC involved, which there was (Elsa).
Further west in western Chatham county including the airport, there has been much less though still somewhat above normal of over 4" MTD.

Edit: My total from that storm ended up near 0.45". There is thunder again and a 2nd storm appears on the doorstep.

4 hours ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Much more tame here in Raleigh. 0.23” overnight and this morning for a total of 0.30” since yesterday. This does bring our monthly total to 6.03” so this is the second straight month of at least 6” here

I went from MTD of just over 3” to 6.52” in one weekend.  And all of that was from just four separate days of rain.  Dry all the other days.

1 hour ago, buckeyefan1 said:

Right?!  :lol:   Picked up another .40 with most of that falling last night. I'm really enjoying the cloudy and 77 degrees for July 20th  :wub:  

We know we have to treasure temps like this in late July lol. 

Do you have smoke in your skies down there?  Cant tell if it is clouds, or smoke or a combo here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Avdave said:

We know we have to treasure temps like this in late July lol. 

Do you have smoke in your skies down there?  Cant tell if it is clouds, or smoke or a combo here. 

It's still cloudy and I can't tell. Hopefully it doesn't get as bad as it was in NY today. I can't imagine how horrible it is for everyone near the fires  :( 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, buckeyefan1 said:

It's still cloudy and I can't tell. Hopefully it doesn't get as bad as it was in NY today. I can't imagine how horrible it is for everyone near the fires  :( 

It is mostly clouds here now when some virga overhead.  But yeah it is bad back home. 

This is s view near the GWB, you can see how hazy the air is with the smoke in the air

Capture.JPG

• Sad 1

• jburns unpinned this topic