Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2021 Observations

yotaman

1 hour ago, magpiemaniac said:

Thunderstorms popping up in Guilford.  Same places of course.  Areas that are have had >3” over the past couple of weeks are getting slammed again.  Dry areas stay dry.  Do urban heat islands promote storm cells?

Not sure about promoting them but I do believe they help to fuel them and make them stronger.

1 hour ago, magpiemaniac said:

Thunderstorms popping up in Guilford.  Same places of course.  Areas that are have had >3” over the past couple of weeks are getting slammed again.  Dry areas stay dry.  Do urban heat islands promote storm cells?

A couple 3.5” lollipops in there around Greensboro, again. Some areas in guilford are getting slammed this week, all with 20-30% rain pops 

1 hour ago, NorthHillsWx said:

A couple 3.5” lollipops in there around Greensboro, again. Some areas in guilford are getting slammed this week, all with 20-30% rain pops 

There are places near me that have had half a foot of rain in the last week while I’ve had 0.49” in two weeks.  On the bright side, mowing isn’t needed that often.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Today isn't looking too good. Chances have went from 80% to 40%. We are still only at 1.36 for the month and quite dry. 

RAH is giving me 60% today, 70% tonight, and 80% tomorrow.  I had a quick cell pop up a few minutes ago and give me 0.20”.  Thankful for that.  I’d enjoy a nighttime thunderstorm that lights up the dark.  I don’t think I’ve seen one of those since last summer.

Good luck today.

4 hours ago, magpiemaniac said:

After the 0.20” I had earlier, my neighborhood’s anti-rain shield has resumed operation.  It’s been raining all around me for an hour and not a drop here.

1.50” of rain three miles to my south and 2.25” one mile to my north.  0.20” IMBY.

:clown:

Well, we were shutout. 0.02” for the week

13 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

I was actually a little lucky this evening.  After a few near misses, I was able to get in on the edge of a couple of cells and ended up with 1.11”.  I missed out on the big totals, but I’ll take it.

Same here pretty much, on the edge of the good stuff, but it added up. The plus side is it gives the ground time to soak it all up.

• Like 1

1. KATL highs 89 yesterday and 88 today. No more chance at another 90 til late week. So, that means that as of July 21st, KATL should still be at only 7 90+ days YTD, WAY below average.

2. Here in SAV, the nearly daily afternoon thunderstorms have been continuing. We’ve probably reached close to 7” this month with over 4” from Elsa. No widespread drought in GA or SE heatwave in sight! Loving this summer!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GaWx said:

Getting dark here to our west with lots of rumbling thunder and then I just saw that there is a severe thunderstorm warning for this area! Rain is just starting.

Yeah I was working at the Port when the storms came. With lightning being so close we had to stop working for about an hour.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Avdave said:

Hit the last of a cell on the 64 bridge from manns harbor area on the way home. That was it for the rest of the day. Got home and heard a little thunder but once again shut out here.  Multiple days in a row with good chances and nada. I blame magpiemaniac :guitar:

My father-in-law gave me his anti-rain force field.  I’ve unintentionally bestowed it upon you.  Sorry.

• Haha 1

• jburns unpinned this topic