Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    16,894
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Mikessword
    Newest Member
    Mikessword
    Joined

Central PA - Summer 2021


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

Is that line going to clip HBG? Looks like it’ll be a close call as it will start drifting more NNE. 

I think the line probably makes it but it does seem the real business part of that line is gonna go north. Very pronounced bow on velocity working from just east of State College down to just below Lewistown and that seems to be generally pressing towards Sunbury/Selinsgrove. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Board is giving me a bit of a hassle in downloading/viewing. 

I wasn't sure how well that was gonna work since videos are always hit and miss posting on here if its not a youtube link or something like that. I can see it on my phone and laptop. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

I think the line probably makes it but it does seem the real business part of that line is gonna go north. Very pronounced bow on velocity working from just east of State College down to just below Lewistown and that seems to be generally pressing towards Sunbury/Selinsgrove. 

Agreed. Also hope all is well - nice to see you back after a break!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fresh tornado warning issued for the section of the line over Lock Haven. Pretty decent couplet showing back up. I believe this was the portion that had the pronounced hook/couplet a little while ago. This is pretty close to CCX so the radar's getting a pretty good look at the low levels. 

 

660892018_ScreenShot2021-07-11at7_43_02PM.png.b61127104e0b2e3bc7c1e0db7ddd525b.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MAG5035 said:

Fresh tornado warning issued for the section of the line over Lock Haven. Pretty decent couplet showing back up. I believe this was the portion that had the pronounced hook/couplet a little while ago. This is pretty close to CCX so the radar's getting a pretty good look at the low levels. 

 

660892018_ScreenShot2021-07-11at7_43_02PM.png.b61127104e0b2e3bc7c1e0db7ddd525b.png

My Father in Law works at the University I'll let you guys know if hears anything

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Anduril said:

My Father in Law works at the University I'll let you guys know if hears anything

He'd probably know first hand since it looks like the center of that couplet passed over the part of town where the university is. There's def good low level rotation but velocities aren't super high and the couplet isn't really tight with opposing high velocities. I'd still say there's a good chance of a weaker tornado being spawned in there and definitely some severe winds at the least. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Anduril said:

Same returns that were showing possible tornado for Blanchard/Beech Creek area _def_ seemed to go through Lock Haven area. Hope people are ok

I hope we will be fine.  The tornado warning say we'll be getting it here in Williamsport at 8:10.  TV just said winds are around 50 mph so I am going to shut the windows now.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, canderson said:

Agreed. Also hope all is well - nice to see you back after a break!

Yea everything's good, I'm just a lot busier during the summer months and don't get a chance to post as much as the wintertime. 

Other than a pretty significant flash flood event in town on the morning of June 10th (3"+ of rain in an hour) we were having a really quiet summer around here severe wise (non-existent) until this past week. Wednesday's severe weather did a lot of tree damage in some parts of town and especially the next valley over. I wonder how @Cashtown_Coopwould feel having to clear 50+ damaged trees off the course 3 days before a golf tourney haha.

https://www.altoonamirror.com/news/local-news/2021/07/volunteers-flood-sinking-valley-course/ 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Yea everything's good, I'm just a lot busier during the summer months and don't get a chance to post as much as the wintertime. 

Other than a pretty significant flash flood event in town on the morning of June 10th (3"+ of rain in an hour) we were having a really quiet summer around here severe wise (non-existent) until this past week. Wednesday's severe weather did a lot of tree damage in some parts of town and especially the next valley over. I wonder how @Cashtown_Coopwould feel having to clear 50+ damaged trees off the course 3 days before a golf tourney haha.

https://www.altoonamirror.com/news/local-news/2021/07/volunteers-flood-sinking-valley-course/ 

Really happy to see you back posting. I appreciate reading your thoughts and observations.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Yea everything's good, I'm just a lot busier during the summer months and don't get a chance to post as much as the wintertime. 

Other than a pretty significant flash flood event in town on the morning of June 10th (3"+ of rain in an hour) we were having a really quiet summer around here severe wise (non-existent) until this past week. Wednesday's severe weather did a lot of tree damage in some parts of town and especially the next valley over. I wonder how @Cashtown_Coopwould feel having to clear 50+ damaged trees off the course 3 days before a golf tourney haha.

https://www.altoonamirror.com/news/local-news/2021/07/volunteers-flood-sinking-valley-course/ 

Wow that would be a nightmare.   Nice to see everyone come together and help clean things up.   We were hit with a storm a few weeks back with 6 downed trees and a ton of cleanup that took 3 days to clean up.  Couldn’t imagine 50 trees 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still waiting here in Williamsport for the big event.  Our dot has remained in mostly green on the radar but that will be changing soon at last.  We were not even mentioned in the most recent severe thunderstorm warning, only Muncy and Hughesville to our east in Lycoming County.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CoralRed said:

Still waiting here in Williamsport for the big event.  Our dot has remained in mostly green on the radar but that will be changing soon at last.  We were not even mentioned in the most recent severe thunderstorm warning, only Muncy and Hughesville to our east in Lycoming County.

Pretty sure Williamsport was included in the Tornado warning for the cell that possibly affected Lock Haven...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...