• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

88/75 at the 6 home stations slaved to Wunder's site that are within a 2 miles here. 

This matches FIT and BOS reasonably well, with 88 respetively but as typical, those calibrated ASOS devices returning with 71 and 73 DPs.

It's an interesting op for "10 after 10" and seeing if we can get to 98.  If we make 98 with 73 DP at BOS, and it is legit out to the Cambridge side of the city,  then that urban district will have verified excessive heat warning criteria whether human distinction has acknowledged it or not.  Because whatever max we get to, it will sustain for 3 hours more probably... 

But we'll see.  Probably we mix some DP down a little one would think.

ASH is 88/75  ...my my 98 HI.

Is that legit though ?   I've been noticing that site is always the highest DP comparing everywhere.  That kind of consistancy cannot happen unless it is either  A, fed by a humidity source directly, or B, not accurate.

11 minutes ago, dendrite said:

This must be our year because I’ve never seen so many. 

13 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

last year there were tons and it seems like the population crashed

I've noticed more chipmunks this year. Last week I saw one of these, never seen one before. A quick google and apparently their favorite food is chipmunks....

Mustela_nivalis_-British_Wildlife_Centre-4.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

96L to be upgraded to TD Four at 11.

- but his is DVOR challenged deal at this time.

Problem is, despite all conceits, technology cannot be certain that say .. three CBs in a rotating cauldron won't fire off and put down tornadoes, just as it is coming onshore where erstwhile busy lives have no idea it's even out there.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hazey said:

Lytton B.C. hit 46.6c (115.9f) yesterday. That is an all time record high for the country. Today could be hotter. That’s stupid hot.

#NovaScotiaStrong

The Euro's 00z run shears some of that off and sends it across S Canada quickly early next week, and actually takes across NNE and up your way long about D9/10.  Oh, it's dimmed to 20C at 850 by then, but that's an impressive anomaly for you guys if that did that.

21 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

ASH is 88/75  ...my my 98 HI.

Is that legit though ?   I've been noticing that site is always the highest DP comparing everywhere.  That kind of consistancy cannot happen unless it is either  A, fed by a humidity source directly, or B, not accurate.

I guessing the sensor is off. They are pretty tarmac-y at KASH I seem to recall (ie placed near a runway etc)

Worcester, at 1,000' elevation mind us .. has average a DP of 71 over the last straight hour - bouncing around just shy of 72 and 70 respectively.

The theta-e in the column is thick - I think the NAM picked up on this... - as in tall in geometric space on the sounding. I haven't seen the actual curve but just using 1,000 feet high.. 

Anyway, we have light winds ...if me get more mixing, it is unclear how much lower the DP will fall if we're drowned in it.   Then considering '10 after 10' ...  we could find ourselves with a hover T of 97 with a 70 DP between 4 and 6. 

Ooogly!    ..probably that would have busted the Advisory as insufficient if that took place... 3 hours of > 103 ...?? I'll have to look that up. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I guessing the sensor is off. They are pretty tarmac-y at KASH I seem to recall (ie placed near a runway etc)

ASH is an AWOS so their dew may be a bit off at times..especially when the real dew is near 70+. The fields may be overgrown as well. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

yeah that's my thinking... But BOS is 73.4 ( for whatever worth MesoWest's decimals are )... and BED is 74 check that 74 also ...

heh, it could be a situation where an off sensor is protected by a pervasively off-climo heat bomb.  haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

I’ve got about 10 of them. 2 directly seeded and maybe a half dozen or so in tall pots. Chippies got a lot of them. They’re slow growing for the first few years. 
C5A877AA-0D0E-45C7-BE9C-E95054FAE7A2.jpeg

43107FC0-1F83-4D52-9BC8-8439E0BC46D0.jpeg

Top one looks like shagbark, bottom ??, as my hickory knowledge is probably less now than when I roamed the woods of NNJ in the 1960s.  ;)