• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Elevation accumulation wet snow I80 northward Noon Thursday~ 2AM Saturday

wdrag

A little incomplete recap. I've attached the 2 day rainfall (last image) and the snowfall via CoCoRahs.  If they don't report everyday, then it doesn't get added into the two day,  or if there are seemingly errors, as may have occurred in ne CT, you see the oddity.  You have some of the guidance previously to check against.  My guess on the outcome from initial thread 6 days ago (based on ensembles). Move this upper air system about 100 miles west southwest from the Fri evening position and we'd have been in business here.  Still QPF 1-2" CT, e 80% of LI down to less than 1/2" most of NJ/ne PA and w of the Hudson in se NYS. Snowfall of about 1/2- 1" Poconos ], 1-3" nw CT (not seen in the two day CoCORAHS because of missing Saturday reports).  BOX has a nice report that helps fill in some of the data, inclusive of 50+MPH winds Cape Cod. 

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=box&issuedby=BOX&product=PNS

Screen_Shot_2021-04-17_at_9_25.17_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2021-04-17_at_9_25.41_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2021-04-17_at_9_27.11_AM.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jm1220 said:

Looks like Boston measured 0.1" today so it's a tie for the seasonal total with Central Park. :lol:

Impressive event today for sure. Like most April snow events looks like there were clear winners and losers based on banding and elevation. 

when Boston ties NYC you know they had a bad year snow wise...

4 hours ago, wdrag said:

A little incomplete recap. I've attached the 2 day rainfall (last image) and the snowfall via CoCoRahs.  If they don't report everyday, then it doesn't get added into the two day,  or if there are seemingly errors, as may have occurred in ne CT, you see the oddity.  You have some of the guidance previously to check against.  My guess on the outcome from initial thread 6 days ago (based on ensembles). Move this upper air system about 100 miles west southwest from the Fri evening position and we'd have been in business here.  Still QPF 1-2" CT, e 80% of LI down to less than 1/2" most of NJ/ne PA and w of the Hudson in se NYS. Snowfall of about 1/2- 1" Poconos ], 1-3" nw CT (not seen in the two day CoCORAHS because of missing Saturday reports).  BOX has a nice report that helps fill in some of the data, inclusive of 50+MPH winds Cape Cod. 

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=box&issuedby=BOX&product=PNS

Screen_Shot_2021-04-17_at_9_25.17_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2021-04-17_at_9_25.41_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2021-04-17_at_9_27.11_AM.png

Walt, is the total for the Lake Harmony area still at 0.7"?

Do you have a rainfall total for that area too?  Thanks!

19 hours ago, jm1220 said:

Looks like Boston measured 0.1" today so it's a tie for the seasonal total with Central Park. :lol:

Impressive event today for sure. Like most April snow events looks like there were clear winners and losers based on banding and elevation. 

Looks like some parts of Boston actually got up to 2"

7 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

Looks like some parts of Boston actually got up to 2"

If Boston measured officially from Fenway Park Central Park would probably be beat by 10” or more. 2/1 screwed them over big time from the onshore flow. The storm wasn’t matured enough at our latitude to screw us over that bad. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, jm1220 said:

If Boston measured officially from Fenway Park Central Park would probably be beat by 10” or more. 2/1 screwed them over big time from the onshore flow. The storm wasn’t matured enough at our latitude to screw us over that bad. 

That one was one of the craziest gradients I've ever seen.

Went from white rain and a slushy 1" of accumulation at the water to over 18" not even 5 miles inland.

You guys got hammered. Brother in NNJ reported close to 2 feet!

1 hour ago, BombsAway1288 said:

That one was one of the craziest gradients I've ever seen.

Went from white rain and a slushy 1" of accumulation at the water to over 18" not even 5 miles inland.

You guys got hammered. Brother in NNJ reported close to 2 feet!

Not quite as much here east of NYC as NNJ but still 15” in my backyard on 2/1 and an awesome event overall. Beginning of a great 2 week stretch. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

wow Walt, total precip (combo of rain and snow was 0.32").

Thanks for the 1.0" snow figure, I wonder if that will be it for the season or more is coming up.

More?  you want more??  Maybe Wed afternoon a T-1/2", flurries even possible Thursday L Harmony... quite a cold strong short wave, that may spew small hailers out ahead of it in the line Wed afternoon across the NYC forum.  A couple more short waves follow with blocking attempts.   Wed afternoon is the first chance for minor snowfall  in the Pocs/Cats. By the way, .06 so far here today in Wantage this Monday afternoon. 

• Like 1