• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Spring 2021

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

No rain since very early Saturday am but there is a little shower on the other side of the mountain that I hope gets here. I don’t wanna water my potted plants today!

Good call by you yesterday. All roads and sidewalks are dry as a bone here. Nothing at all overnight.

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

No rain since very early Saturday am but there is a little shower on the other side of the mountain that I hope gets here. I don’t wanna water my potted plants today!

You are in the strip of dry.  MDT did report rain this AM though.   We have finally had a several hour period of dry. 

image.thumb.png.1e6ec92d7fd78c5805c42ddfbfc0fa38.png

35 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

@TimB84, 6Z GFS does bring back normal temps for us next weekend but spares us an extended period of above normal though mid June.      Concentrates the real heat toward the middle of the country.  Did not check Dp's just temps.

I’m satisfied with whatever June brings my way. We got historic cold this weekend and I’m allowed to turn on the a/c in 36 hours but still won’t need to for at least a few days.

54 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

@TimB84, 6Z GFS does bring back normal temps for us next weekend but spares us an extended period of above normal though mid June.      Concentrates the real heat toward the middle of the country.  Did not check Dp's just temps.

Looks like dews rise to the upper 60s/around 70 range by next Sunday or Monday. I'll be enjoying another deluge on OBX for the 2nd year in a row: (rain is not finished after this)

p168i.gif?1622391015

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm at .04" for the day, 1.35" for the event. Temp is up to 55 here. 

The lessened rain has taken away our chance of staying in the 40's.  Dry here now and 50.  Mushrooms growing up in the yard because my grass is so immature.  Suggests the yard is quite wet.   Mdt has reported rain at 4 of the last 7 intervals but not accums.  Need an investigation. Ha

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The lessened rain has taken away our chance of staying in the 40's.  Dry here now and 50.  Mushrooms growing up in the yard because my grass is so immature.  Suggests the yard is quite wet. 

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm at .04" for the day, 1.35" for the event. Temp is up to 55 here. 

I'm at .17" today and 2.08" for the event since Friday. As for the rain holding down temps, nope. I'm at 51.8° right now as opposed to yesterday's high of 49.6°.

4 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I'm at .17" today and 2.08" for the event since Friday. As for the rain holding down temps, nope. I'm at 51.8° right now as opposed to yesterday's high of 49.6°.

I think you may be the board winner.  I am just around 2".  Still suspect some areas of eastern Lancaster county got up to 3" 

4 hours ago, TimB84 said:

I’m satisfied with whatever June brings my way. We got historic cold this weekend and I’m allowed to turn on the a/c in 36 hours but still won’t need to for at least a few days.

Ha.  Probably not until at least Thursday if not Fri or Sat.  It does feel good to have this year in the history books for two days.   MDT is down from 54 to 53 now so the record should be in the books for today.  Nighttime low record seems doubtful though.   I see the 12Z GFS dropped 1/2" on @canderson this afternoon.  LOL

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

I think you may be the board winner.  I am just around 2".  Still suspect some areas of eastern Lancaster county got up to 3" 

You may be right about Lancaster County. It appeared that areas south and east of me did get even more rain than I did...

At any rate, the past three days for me went like this...

5/28 - 1.30"

5/29 - 0.63"

5/30 - 0.19"

Total - 2.12"

10 minutes ago, Voyager said:

You may be right about Lancaster County. It appeared that areas south and east of me did get even more rain than I did...

At any rate, the past three days for me went like this...

5/28 - 1.30"

5/29 - 0.63"

5/30 - 0.19"

Total - 2.12"

For me:

5/28 - .75"

5/29 - .56"

5/30 - .04"

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Sunny and 42 .  Possibly the coldest open to a Memorial day in history.  

Maybe for you, but a few years back we had frost on Memorial Day morning up here in the Skook. It warmed up quickly, but it was cold at first light.

15 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Maybe for you, but a few years back we had frost on Memorial Day morning up here in the Skook. It warmed up quickly, but it was cold at first light.

Wow.  Was that one of the years MDT set a record?  I was figuring with the way Memorial day vacillates around end the end of May the chances of hitting one with a temp colder than 42 was low. 

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Wow.  Was that one of the years MDT set a record?  I was figuring with the way Memorial day vacillates around end the end of May the chances of hitting one with a temp coder than 42 was low. 

I wish I could remember the exact year. Has to be at least 5-10 years ago.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, paweather said:

Get ready you will in June too! 

Paweather calling for cold weather in June.  The forecast is in!  Frankly the thing that would make me happiest is if somehow OBX is not nearly as rainy next week as models suggest...for our friend going on Vaca.   Sucks to drive that far and then not have beach weather. 

• Like 1