• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Spring 2021

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If I ever went to a rental place that had a "lock" on the thermostat I would have to move to another location. 

1 minute ago, paweather said:

Me too been to houses down at OBX and never had that mandate. I would have to change as well. 

A bit of a tangent, but we are taking a family vacation in August (my parents, me and my wife, my sister and her husband and 2 year old son, and my brother). The house we’re renting allows 2 dogs. Between us, there are 5. I think we’ve cut that down to 3 that will actually go, but pretty sure we’re going to take the chance.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I mean I’m sure it costs an arm and a leg to keep a house at 68 on the Outer Banks, but it’s not like these rental properties aren’t making a killing anyway.

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If I ever went to a rental place that had a "lock" on the thermostat I would have to move to another location. 

Nothing like baking on the beach, then going back to rental and baking. 

Mike, if you stay in a semi state of inebriation, the heat may not bother you 

edit- nice shower now in Harrisburg

2 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Semi? It’s vacation, might as well go all in.

3 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

A bit of a tangent, but we are taking a family vacation in August (my parents, me and my wife, my sister and her husband and 2 year old son, and my brother). The house we’re renting allows 2 dogs. Between us, there are 5. I think we’ve cut that down to 3 that will actually go, but pretty sure we’re going to take the chance.

We foster and have cats that are usually needing extra help and we take some or all when we go away.  I always tell them one cat but its usually two or three.  They are always clean and leave no issues behind.  I think people want to protect against a cat/dog lady bringing tons in.  Many places will not allow cats at all due to allergies.  Biggest fear for us is if they are there to meet us. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paweather said:

Meaning? Tornadoes? or just heavy storms or that they missed the rain. 

Sad because the storm misses them.  Not a stratiform type of rain.  I am fearful I or anyone could come up empty tomorrow heading into a possible smelting pot of a week next week. Training is going to need Daxx to come over and water the flowers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Sad because the storm misses them.  Not a stratiform type of rain.  I am fearful I or anyone could come up empty tomorrow heading into a possible smelting pot of a week next week. Training is going to need Daxx to come over and water the flowers. 

I'll do it but I charge $100/30 mins and Training would have to pay me mileage expense. :-) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

My wife actually drinks more than I do - thing is, we LOVE this house. It's only 4 years old, gorgeous pool, hot tub, and right off the ocean. Tons of space inside. With my high powered fan blowing I can make 74 tolerable for a week given everything else that we love. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Thank you Masks, A/C, GFS and CMC hitting the mark on LR temps, and other off topic items.  LOL

It’s difficult to impossible to get through the long non-snow season without BS-ing about off topic stuff.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, paweather said:

In the meanwhile, Phillies scored 17 runs in one game. LOL. Now I expect they will be shut out for the next 3 games. 

Not unlike their winning streaks. The can rattle off 8 in a row only to lose the next 10 and be worse off than when they started...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

My wife actually drinks more than I do - thing is, we LOVE this house. It's only 4 years old, gorgeous pool, hot tub, and right off the ocean. Tons of space inside. With my high powered fan blowing I can make 74 tolerable for a week given everything else that we love. 

What part of OBS