• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

18 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

GFS definitely tempered the heat wave....big time actually...due to clouds and rain from what appears to be to be the ridge breaking down much faster. 

Saw that. We’ll see what the CMC does. It’s the last man standing when it comes to a historic early June heat wave.

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

CMC was still pretty toasty.  I think there is little doubt either way it is going to get hot next week.  Just how hot. 

I can deal with the garden variety, relatively transient heat wave that model trends seem to be settling on. It’s days upon days of temperatures well into the 90s that gets me.

Just now, TimB84 said:

I can deal with the garden variety, relatively transient heat wave that model trends seem to be settling on. It’s days upon days of temperatures well into the 90s that gets me.

May be a good compromise between the camps here.    The heatmeisters have been patient with our Memorial day record cold snap talk.  

52 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

May be a good compromise between the camps here.    The heatmeisters have been patient with our Memorial day record cold snap talk.  

EC shuts off the heat rather early too.

3 minutes ago, paweather said:

It is the humidity that will stink but as long as it is short couple of days I can make it. 

But you won’t escape the humidity. You know this, we live in PA. It’s going to be humid nearly every day from whenever it starts until at least the end of August.

Just now, TimB84 said:

EC shuts off the heat rather early too.

But you won’t escape the humidity. You know this, we live in PA. It’s going to be humid nearly every day from whenever it starts until at least the end of August.

I was just coming on here to mention.  Out in your area it really throws any heat wave at all into question.   Drops temps 2-4 degrees from yesterday at 12Z. 

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I was just coming on here to mention.  Out in your area it really throws any heat wave at all into question.   Drops temps 2-4 degrees from yesterday at 12Z. 

It’s a very unsettled pattern with a lot of rain and storms, and muggy disgusting dewpoints pushing the mid 70s.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Maybe a little drier towards Baltimore, the O’s won’t get rained out as they build their 14 game winning streak.

35 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Only 13 to go.  I approve of them taking 3 from the Ray's. 

Sad part of all of this is this reality - this is the most conversation on the Orioles since...since...well, I don't remember. 

23 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Today is a nice yard saver even being dry.  Its a treat out.  Cloudy, 73, and breezy.  Another below normal day to start off summer.  

Below normal summer to below normal fall to below normal winter...I feel like we will go 3-3 with a grand slam snowstorm event on Halloween (for SuperStorm and Blizz :D)

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sad part of all of this is this reality - this is the most conversation on the Orioles since...since...well, I don't remember. 

It looks like they strung together 5 consecutive non-losing seasons from 2012 to 2016.

4 minutes ago, paweather said:

Since Cal Ripken? 

Half the talk about Cal was negative..."he's selfish, he cares more about himself than the team" kind of nonsense. The guy got paid very well to play a game that he loved. He showed up to play every day, just like we do for work. If it's more than acceptable for us to be at work every day, why was Cal selfish for doing the same thing? 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

3 playoff appearances in there as well. It's funny, a lot of people assume that the O's have been horrible forever...they're only 5 seasons removed from the postseason. 

It might as well be ancient history, like the 2013-15 Pirates.

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

3 playoff appearances in there as well. It's funny, a lot of people assume that the O's have been horrible forever...they're only 5 seasons removed from the postseason. 

Look at the Phillies, last time in the playoffs was 2011. Awful. Rueben was good with going all in from 2007-2011 with a blockbuster pitching staff and awesome offense but the minor league system just went to the toilet. We had to start over now for 10 years. We would have won 2 straight WS if we didn't play the Yankees in 2009. 

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

It might as well be ancient history, like the 2013-15 Pirates.

1 minute ago, paweather said:

Look at the Phillies, last time in the playoffs was 2011. Awful. Rueben was good with going all in from 2007-2011 with a blockbuster pitching staff and awesome offense but the minor league system just went to the toilet. We had to start over now for 10 years. We would have won 2 straight WS if we didn't play the Yankees in 2009. 

God, this is depressing.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, paweather said:

I think signing Harper has doomed them for awhile.