• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I saw what the one Pro Forecaster said.  I will check out the rest now.  Euro is not nearly as hot as worried.  Definitely hot for but probably not record breaking. 

Yeah, there only appear to be two of them on that train so far, but that’s enough.

Euro looks like it ticked up another degree or two from its prior run, and every degree you add is misery.

19 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Yeah, there only appear to be two of them on that train so far, but that’s enough.

Euro looks like it ticked up another degree or two from its prior run, and every degree you add is misery.

It definitely did not cancel the heat wave but I would not call for triple digits with temps in the low 90's at 18Z.  CMC is the King though.   CMC would probably break the all time June high at MDT. 

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It definitely did not cancel the heat wave but I would not call for triple digits with temps in the low 90's at 18Z.  CMC is the King though.   CMC would probably break the all time June high at MDT. 

CMC might even allow some places in Canada to hit 100 (or should I say 38?).

11 minutes ago, FHS said:

Hell yes 90+degree heat high humidity lets do this !!!! The hotter the summer the better I say. If its not snowing then it better be sweltering . I few cold pools aloft is good ,but it can stay up there where it belongs this time of year.  Other than  two over hyped cold snaps its been a very nice spring.  Last year I lost hydrangeas, beans , clematis ,apple blossoms , and a few pepper plants and much of CPA'S low lying brush and plants got tip damage to two late freezes. This year i was spraying for mites and aphids by the second week of April and will have ripe sweet corn by July 21 this year. My earliest corn to date is aug 2 .

The much above average warmth of March 2020 also contributed some to damage.   Our plants were out in front of their schedule when the bad April freeze of 2020 came calling.    It was one of the warmest March's in the 2000's   3rd warmest of the last 20 years I think.  Bad timing for a cold April. 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I was an Orioles season ticket holder during that era...I'd race home after every game to see how far Sammie or Mac hit one that night. At the very least, baseball was relevant and had captured people's attention. (albeit for the wrong reasons) 

Those two also contributed to lots and lots of wasted money on sports cards. 

29 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Those two also contributed to lots and lots of wasted money on sports cards. 

Gregg Jefferies. I had half of an album of Gregg Jefferies rookie cards. The biggest can't miss player of my lifetime up until that point. (mid 1980s) Had a solid career with a couple of all star game appearances but he never lived up to the hype. (which wasn't possible given the amount of hype)

Gregg Jefferies. I had half of an album of Gregg Jefferies rookie cards. The biggest can't miss player of my lifetime up until that point. (mid 1980s) Had a solid career with a couple of all star game appearances but he never lived up to the hype. (which wasn't possible given the amount of hype)

Me 2. I was 13 years old at the time and I was giddy anytime I got a Greg Jeffries rookie card.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I had a lot of his cards too.

The Phillies signed him to a contract in the mid 90’s, but he was disappointing.

59 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Summer 2021....right on time.  Wish it would not be as extreme as the CMC though.  Goodbye yards.  

GFS and, to a lesser extent, EC try to break down the pattern late week. CMC’s hottest day is D10. We’ll see.

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

CMC is an "Open the shelters, bring the animals and lesser fortunate people in" type forecast.  Have to assume(hope) it is too extreme. 

Remember, I thought it was too extreme with the appetizer for this event before our cold pattern came back and I was dead wrong.